Can I connect my Bose Cubes Directly to Surround Receiver? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can I connect my Bose Cubes Directly to Surround Receiver?

gcook67
06-25-2005, 07:59 AM
I just purchased a polk csw10 subwoofer to replace my bose subwoofer and it sounds great! Since I want to use my new sub in instead of the Bose can I plug my Bose cubes directly to my home theater receiver?

N. Abstentia
06-25-2005, 08:28 AM
No. By doing that you're bypassing the crossovers and protection 'light bulbs' for the tiny cubes so they will last maybe 10 seconds. You're much better off getting rid of the Bose and replacing them with some nice bookshelf speakers.

eisforelectronic
06-25-2005, 09:19 AM
No, Bose cubes should not be connected to anything.

Truthfully you should continue to use your bass module with the cubes as normal. Use the new sub as an enhancement rather than a replacement.

gcook67
06-25-2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks for your information. I will look into getting some new speakers to replace the Bose.

JoeE SP9
06-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks for your information. I will look into getting some new speakers to replace the Bose.
I would suggest going to any decent audio video store and listen to their speakers. You will find that in virtually every price range their products will sound better than "BLOSE". The respondents on this forum should be aplauded for their restraint in answering your question. Speakers from "The Mountain" are not well thought of here. I should add, I agree with the general attitude about "BLOSE". Almost anything sounds better and is a better buy.