I am to come at once [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I am to come at once

ForeverAutumn
06-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Oh this was so good, it deserved it's own thread.

Based on a post by BarryL earlier today, I put the title phrase into the Yahoo search engine. The attached link was the very first link that came up in the search. I have no idea what it has to do with "I Am To Come At Once"... maybe Barry can enlighten me. :confused:

http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar/

MasterCylinder
06-24-2005, 12:35 PM
FA:

This is not a cyber-sex site.

As I told you before.........keep that stuff for my private e-mail address.

LOL !

BarryL
06-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Oh this was so good, it deserved it's own thread.

Based on a post by BarryL earlier today, I put the title phrase into the Yahoo search engine. The attached link was the very first link that came up in the search. I have no idea what it has to do with "I Am To Come At Once"... maybe Barry can enlighten me. :confused:

http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar/

This is pretty funny! The same song was used for an internet video starring Dubya and Blair as they went into the Iraq war. It wasn't as cool as the flying canine, but it was pretty funny.

Need another hint? Nah? You won't know them. I have a best-of album by this group, but I don't have the album that features that lovely song with the lady panting the words "I want, I want, I want to come at once." I don't think it was a gay thing, but you never know given the band was from Greece.

Okay, another hint: The keyboard player's last name was Papathanouseous, which I probably spelled wrong.

progfan
06-26-2005, 01:21 PM
You guys wouldn't be talking about Aphrodite's Child would you? Ooops, I think I just gave something away! ;)

ForeverAutumn
06-26-2005, 02:14 PM
You guys wouldn't be talking about Aphrodite's Child would you? Ooops, I think I just gave something away! ;)

I don't know what I'm talking about.

Just ask Barry. He'll tell you.

BarryL
06-27-2005, 07:36 AM

I annoint you a prog genius.

Slosh
06-27-2005, 01:01 PM
I annoint you a prog genius.I looked up oxymoron in the dictionary and it says:
A rhetorical figure in which an epigrammatic effect is created by the conjunction of incongruous or contradictory terms; for example, "prog genius." :p

Swish
06-27-2005, 03:15 PM
I looked up oxymoron in the dictionary and it says:
A rhetorical figure in which an epigrammatic effect is created by the conjunction of incongruous or contradictory terms; for example, "prog genius." :p

And you all thought it was safe since YECH was banished from RR.

Ha!

Swish

Davey
06-27-2005, 04:02 PM
I annoint you a prog genius.
A rhetorical figure in which an epigrammatic effect is created by the conjunction of incongruous or contradictory terms; for example, "prog genius."

And you all thought it was safe since YECH was banished from RR.

Ha!

Swish
Yeah, I was all set to complain to the management about the uncalled for personal attack on myself and other geniuses, but now that you mention it I see he was just prog bashing, so nevermind.

Dusty Chalk
06-28-2005, 05:13 AM
I looked up redundant in the dictionary and it says:
1 a : exceeding what is necessary or normal : SUPERFLUOUS b : characterized by or containing an excess; specifically : using more words than necessary c : characterized by similarity or repetition; for example, calling someone "prog genius" would be redundant :pI obnered your post.

BarryL
06-28-2005, 05:34 AM

...what do you mean by "is"?

(Maybe I meant it as an insult!)

:p

Slosh
06-28-2005, 01:11 PM
I obnered your post.So would you say you didn't vandalize my post but rather it's merely a natural progression of the idea? :rolleyes:

I totally and completely agree with you that prog is redundant, superfluous, and is exceedingly beyond necessary :D (except for the stuff that I like, of course)

Slosh
06-28-2005, 01:17 PM
...what do you mean by "is"?The third person singular present indicative of the verb be.

Alright, okay. Enough of this silliness.

NP: Stephen Malkmus - Face The Truth

Snowbunny
06-28-2005, 01:35 PM
I obnered your post.

Did you grow a beard, Dusty??? That avatar makes you look a little like that actor, Ron Silver.

I like those self-portrait avatars. It finally puts a "face" to a name and personality. Did you notice tentoze looks like a prematurely-gray, fifteen year old? :)

Snowbunny
06-28-2005, 01:43 PM
So would you say you didn't vandalize my post but rather it's merely a natural progression of the idea? :rolleyes:

I totally and completely agree with you that prog is redundant, superfluous, and is exceedingly beyond necessary :D (except for the stuff that I like, of course)

Is The Mars Volta prog? I like audiobull's song Umbillical Syllables on the Monkey Business comp.

My very own personal litmus test for whether a song is prog or not, is if I can imagine the great Canadian band RUSH covering it. :D

Snowflakey crust...

Slosh
06-28-2005, 02:03 PM
My very own personal litmus test for whether a song is prog or not, is if I can imagine the great Canadian band RUSH covering it. :D
Rush is a perfectly apt name. Makes me want to rush right out of the room ;) (except for a handful of their songs, that is)

NP: SFA - Fuzzy Logic

ps - I'm pretty sure that band is called the Mars Vomit . . . or was it the Mars Revulsive?

Dusty Chalk
06-28-2005, 07:42 PM
So would you say you didn't vandalize my post but rather it's merely a natural progression of the idea? :rolleyes:No, I would say that I vandalized your post.

Dusty Chalk
06-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Okay, another hint: The keyboard player's last name was Papathanouseous, which I probably spelled wrong.It's spelled, Papathanassiou.

ForeverAutumn
06-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Is The Mars Volta prog? I like audiobull's song Umbillical Syllables on the Monkey Business comp.

That will probably be the only song on this disk that you would like. Don't RUSH out to buy it.

Hubby and I recently drove to Niagara Falls for a few days. On the drive, I popped the Monkey Business comp into the CD player. Hubby also really liked Audiobill's (or audiobull as you called him :D ) pick and asked me if I had the Mars Volta CD handy. So, I plugged in the iPod and started to spin the full disk, which I hadn't heard yet either. Ugh! What a load of noise. Kinda made me want to drive head on into a Mack Truck. Good thing Hubby was driving :).

DiscoRage
07-02-2005, 05:06 PM
That will probably be the only song on this disk that you would like. Don't RUSH out to buy it.

Hubby and I recently drove to Niagara Falls for a few days. On the drive, I popped the Monkey Business comp into the CD player. Hubby also really liked Audiobill's (or audiobull as you called him :D ) pick and asked me if I had the Mars Volta CD handy. So, I plugged in the iPod and started to spin the full disk, which I hadn't heard yet either. Ugh! What a load of noise. Kinda made me want to drive head on into a Mack Truck. Good thing Hubby was driving :).

AMEN! Their first album was pretty good, their latest is complete crap!

Check out Sparta, the other band that rose from At The Drive-In's ashes. They have a rock sound, not that pretentious artsy BS that Mars Volta are putting out.