Have a beer? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Have a beer?

piece-it pete
06-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm having a Guiness tonight (big surprise). You?

Pete

MomurdA
06-22-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm having a Guiness tonight (big surprise). You?

Pete

I see you live in Cleveland. Surely you know the Great Lakes brew company. They make 2 of my favorites, too bad i cant find them in Florida. Try the Edmund Fitzgerald and the Elliot Ness, Ness being one of my favorites that ive ever had.

kexodusc
06-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Alexander Keith's Indian Pale Ale...and maybe a Foster’s Lager later.

I dont' mind Guiness, but when I was in Europe everyone served it luke warm...yuck.

"A one that is not cold, is not a one at all..."

paul_pci
06-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Favorite: Firestone Double-Barrel Ale (Santa Barbara) and speaking of the midwest, cudos goes to Goose Island Honker's Ale (Chicago)

I also just joined a beer-of-the-month club.

JohnMichael
06-22-2005, 02:13 PM
I am looking forward to my trip to Quebec City to enjoy an Irish ale. Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale. It is not imported to Ohio even though they raised the alcohol level that a beer can contain.

JSE
06-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Pete, Buddy!

I'm having a Shiner Bock right now as I type this. Since you brought up the motor oil with a great taste, I will have one of those as well. I think I have one or two in the back of the beer fridge. Along with some Abita Amber Ale, Red Stripe, and some Fat Tire. Oh, and some Mickey's Big Mouth, Don't ask, Oy! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

JSE

dean_martin
06-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Raise me glass to ya, Petey. I'm rather fond of the Killian's Irish Red. Goes great with a big hearty meal. And works wonders as a marinade for steaks. Always have a bottle nearby when getting ready to grill.

For bummin' around outdoors I like the Red Stripe and the Abita Amber as mentioned by our friend from Houston, JSE. The Abita is good stuff from Louisiana.

But I'm most excited about Kalik being available outside the Bahamas! How long has it been available in the US? Why didn't someone tell me? I went to the Bahamas in 1998. Upon my return I searched and searched for Kalik here in the States but couldn't find it. I gave up. Last weekend I saw some in World Market!

Resident Loser
06-23-2005, 04:22 AM
...a day late and a dollar short...

I love the taste of beer with certain foods...BUT...since I have had my lifetime allotted quota of potent potables, my choices are as follows...with hearty, heavy eastern European/Germanic foods it's either bottled Haaken-Beck or Kaliber...for everything else it's Old Milwaukee NA in cans...

jimHJJ(...no buzz, but no groggy either...)

Duds
06-23-2005, 11:03 AM
is quite tasty. So is Blue Moon Bavarian Wheat

...a day late and a dollar short...

I love the taste of beer with certain foods...BUT...since I have had my lifetime allotted quota of potent potables, my choices are as follows...with hearty, heavy eastern European/Germanic foods it's either bottled Haaken-Beck or Kaliber...for everything else it's Old Milwaukee NA in cans...

jimHJJ(...no buzz, but no groggy either...)

piece-it pete
06-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Hi guys, good to talk to you all.

Well I lied, after a Didn't have any Guiness so I had a Bud in a (gasp) can!!

Next thing you know I'll be playing dirty cassettes on an old Yorx lol. But I fixed that speaker with nail polish!

Yep Momurda I've been through the Great Lakes stuff, it's kinda on rotation. Love the name "Burning River Brew" lol. If you ever feel the need pm me and I can ship some to you.

Kex I was kinda actually disgusted with the warm beer myself but when in Rome (and it's the only choice)....

So I came around and found I like Bass better "cellar cold", and have grown fond of Old Peculiar that way. And boy they do drink a bit more over in Europe then here in my experience.

Paul one of the best times in my recent life involves a quantity of Honkers' Ale! Congats on the beer of the month club, let us know if it's worth it.

John I've noticed that law change hasn't really added a lot around here. All I've seen is the various Russian/Ukrainian high powered beer that I find, well, awful. I have been unable to locate the 100 proof Sam Adams anywhere lol.

JSE, Mickeys brings back some interesting memories.... Fat Tire?! And ever notice that Guiness goes in dark and comes out clear? I wonder where it goes. Must be the part that "gives you strength".

Dean! Following your namesake with the booze?? :D (I've heard a lot of that was an act) I will look for the mythical Kalik. I have just started finding real English "bitter" on the shelves here at the GOOD stores. Surprises are nice.

Jim, VERY sorry at your loss :) . Naw, at least you have the sense to stick with it, I've known guys that didn't, and it was a BAD scene. I do believe I'm headed that direction, sadly.

Duds, suds?? I love wheat ale. I can't think of the name but there's a beer out their with a pic of a German monk on it, you pour it slowly until the end then plop the bottom bit onto the top of the poured beer, wheat germ! I LOVE that stuff. I call it Martin Luther Ale.

Hey no arguments! Tastes great, less filling? Is this how one talks normally? I'm confused.

:lmao:

I think I'm going to get some "St. Peters' Ale" on the way home. I'll stop and mortgage the house first.

Pete

JoeE SP9
06-24-2005, 05:54 PM
You guys should try Chimay. I prefer the blue label myself. Since my first taste I've thought it the best thing since sliced bread. It's even better on tap.

alfbinet
07-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Dortmunder Ale from Cleveland. Even Pete might agree with this one. Christmas Ale also a favorite.

run800mgrl
08-15-2005, 12:16 PM
its all about the bud! so refreshing!