Just did it! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just did it!

Arturo7
06-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Soon, I will be the proud owner of a new Music Hall MMF-7.

My thanks goes out to AR.com et al, for the oodles of info and opinions I had access to through the reviews and forums. (Audiogon too) Sure, I went over budget by a couple hundred but I don't think I'll have upgraditus for a while.

In the end it came down to the MMF-7 and a Technics SL-1200. A used Sondek LP-12 was 2nd runner up.

Probably could have got the 1200 on eBay for $100, + $300 for a Rega R250, + $100 for the arm adapter, + $ ???.00 for a cartridge. The MMF-7 was $900 delivered and included a Goldring Eroica cartridge. Once I got serious about it and actually placed a bid on a 1200 on eBay things started getting clearer. The MMF made more sense.

Now the hunt begins for the phono pre, although I'm pretty sure it will be the Bottlehead Seduction.

Cheers and thanks again,

Art (waaaay stoked)

JohnMichael
06-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Soon, I will be the proud owner of a new Music Hall MMF-7.

My thanks goes out to AR.com et al, for the oodles of info and opinions I had access to through the reviews and forums. (Audiogon too) Sure, I went over budget by a couple hundred but I don't think I'll have upgraditus for a while.

In the end it came down to the MMF-7 and a Technics SL-1200. A used Sondek LP-12 was 2nd runner up.

Probably could have got the 1200 on eBay for $100, + $300 for a Rega R250, + $100 for the arm adapter, + $ ???.00 for a cartridge. The MMF-7 was $900 delivered and included a Goldring Eroica cartridge. Once I got serious about it and actually placed a bid on a 1200 on eBay things started getting clearer. The MMF made more sense.

Now the hunt begins for the phono pre, although I'm pretty sure it will be the Bottlehead Seduction.

Cheers and thanks again,

Art (waaaay stoked)

Congratulations I have read great things about that table. I will look forward to reading your review on the table and the cartridge.

squeegy200
06-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Great! Would love to see your setup and your impressions of the Goldring.

I think you will be pleased with the Bottlehead Seduction. I completed mine earlier this year and have been enjoying it ever since.

royphil345
06-23-2005, 04:33 AM
Congrats Arturo!!! Looks like you're going to have a really nice vinyl rig.

I've checked out the Bottlehead Seduction before, but for some reason it looks like a really sweet deal now. Maybe there was something else I needed that I thought was more important at the time? I'll see if I can prevent myself from buying one!!! Wonder how much I could get for my Rotel RQ-970BX on eBay...

squeegy200
06-23-2005, 12:24 PM
This Seduction phono-pre shows up alongside some very high end gear --both in magazines and at some shows.

Its relatively easy to build. Much more easy to listen to.

Arturo7
06-23-2005, 03:39 PM
This Seduction phono-pre shows up alongside some very high end gear --both in magazines and at some shows.

Its relatively easy to build. Much more easy to listen to.

Cool, Squeej, thanks for the tip. Depending on BH's delivery schedule, I'm hoping to have the system up by August. I'll keep you posted.

JM, as far as a review goes, I don't really have an analogue reference point. I guess I'll have to match it up against my Denon DCD-3520. Don't know if this will be a fair comparison or not, the Denon cost twice as much 16 years ago. ;)