Meet the Redwalls [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Redwalls

jasn
06-22-2005, 07:52 AM
Anybody heard them yet? I'd been listening to a couple of cuts on 3wk these past weeks and liked them, so i picked up their newest, De Nova yesterday. It's a pretty good effort from a young bunch of lads from Liverp...I mean...um...Chicago.

The first spin in the car was good enough that I played it again this morning on my way to work. The second listen revealed a second layer below the rowdy first that to me was pretty impressive and showed some patience in their work.

I see on Pollstar and see they are heading to the UK to do a big gig at Manchester Stadium in early July. I've got my eye on these four.

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg800/g890/g89036eq0c9.jpg

ForeverAutumn
06-22-2005, 10:20 AM
The Redwalls, opened for The Zutons, who opened for Keane.

Who actually starts a show on-time????? I got to the show 20 minutes late and just caught the last two songs by this band. They sounded pretty decent and I wished that I had heard more. I tried to buy their CD at the show, but they weren't selling it.

Thanks for the comments on their disk. I had actually forgotten about them, but I'll add them to the wish list.

jasn
06-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Ah...I went back see that you have been talking about these guys already. I picked up their just released C.D. yesterday for $10 at my local B&M music shop (Newbury Comics). Lot's of other places are probably doing the same. AMG certainly likes them, The Boston Globe ran some good ink on them last Sunday too. I smell a corporate agenda here, but that's OK if I can strafe in and appreciate them a bit before the dark side has it's effect.