Cable at a steep discount ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cable at a steep discount ?

Jeremy
06-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Can I check with somebody why cable at audiogon ( new ) is selling at a steep discount as compare to their price listed on the website ?

Is it worth getting it ?

Thanks.

E-Stat
06-22-2005, 06:34 AM
Can I check with somebody why cable at audiogon ( new ) is selling at a steep discount as compare to their price listed on the website ?
Would you care to be a bit more specific since Audiogon is a marketplace where dozens of cable manufacturers are represented?

rw

Jeremy
06-22-2005, 08:16 AM
I see cable starting bid at $1 but the cable website price for that cable is much much more. What I am trying to ask is "Why the bidding price is so much a different from the actual listing price on their site ?"

Thanks.

E-Stat
06-22-2005, 08:27 AM
"Why the bidding price is so much a different from the actual listing price on their site ?"
Who is they?

rw

Jeremy
06-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Who is they?

rw

Some of the cable company ( I think small company ).

E-Stat
06-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Some of the cable company ( I think small company ).
I give up.

Generally speaking, however, auctions can start anywhere and many have a reserve which is a floor for the figure accepted by the seller.

rw

Jeremy
06-22-2005, 10:24 AM
I give up.

Generally speaking, however, auctions can start anywhere and many have a reserve which is a floor for the figure accepted by the seller.

rw

But one thing is that the reserve price is much lesser as compared to their list price at their website. Any idea why is that so ? Can the price at the website be trusted ?

Anyway, thanks.

thepogue
06-22-2005, 11:32 AM
It looked like a losing battle anyways ;)

Pogue

I give up.

rw