Marants or Onkyo what one to chose??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marants or Onkyo what one to chose???

John1974
11-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Hello, I poked around all over and I am stuck between Marantz SR5300 or Onkyo 701. What one is a better choice. Cleaner and more for the Music it will be used for about 70% and 30% home theater setup. Thanks...

This Guy
11-15-2003, 04:12 PM
As long as they both have all the features you want, I doubt you'll hear a difference between the two. Just shop around and find the best deal you can from an authorized dealer. I just bought a Marantz from Accessories4less.com a couple months ago and it's great. They sell refurbished stuff that looks and play like brand new, and they're also an auhorized dealer. The one thing I noticed on my Marantz was that the stereo mode is really good, it kicks the power up to 120 wattsx2 and you really notice that extra umph (IMO). I personally like Marantz, but I'm sure they're all pretty much the same.

-joey

Umrswimr
11-15-2003, 05:49 PM
Hello, I poked around all over and I am stuck between Marantz SR5300 or Onkyo 701. What one is a better choice. Cleaner and more for the Music it will be used for about 70% and 30% home theater setup. Thanks...

With that much 2-channel listening planned, I'd go with the Marantz...