Center Channel speaker and Subwoofer Purchase ideas. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Center Channel speaker and Subwoofer Purchase ideas.

klamond
06-19-2005, 06:11 PM
I have a Denon AVR 484 Receiver.
2 Energy C-1 Bookshelfs for my front speakers.
2 paradigm Titan bookshelfs for my rear speakers.

My listening room dimensions are: ~ 15' x 15' with hardwood floors.
This room is open to the dining room measuring the same size (give or take).

Im in the market to finally get a center channel and a Subwoofer.

Center Channel: I've been told by sales people that its best to stay with the same brand as the front speakers when shopping for a center channel. In my case I'd be looking at an Energy center channel? What would you guys recommend for my situation? I would prefer to stay under $300 hundred.

Subwoofer: Since my place is not too big, a 15" or 12" might be too big, I'd prefer a 10" or ven an 8" subwoofer. While I like to hear the 'big canons' I'd prefer to hear a less muddy sound, since music is 70 percent of my usage.

If I should need to provide more detail info for a better recommendation, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

PAT.P
06-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Klamond For center channel at your budget would be the Connoisseur CC1 and for subwoofer would be S10.3 by Energy around $650 Canadian .Energy and Paradigm are compatable to each other .You might look at floor model at a great discount.If you are in Canada I kwow a place that always have floor model on sale.Pat.P