monster vs belkin power center [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : monster vs belkin power center

bertsummerkids
06-19-2005, 12:50 AM
I have some high power audio equipment ie 200 watt amps, preamp, 500 watt sub etc. I am debating between 2 power centers for my system . they are monster hts 5100 and the belkin PF 60. any one know which of the 2 is the better unit and which would give better results. can find them for about the same amount of money

m500
06-20-2005, 04:27 AM
Brand name and appearance. PureAV can be had for half of the price.

karbos
08-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Brand name and appearance. PureAV can be had for half of the price.

I have been looking for info on this also, but have come up with nothing. Any other opinions here?

MCF
08-25-2005, 12:36 PM
is Belkin...just another label...and according to their website, no cheaper.

LMB
08-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Look Into Panamax 5100 At Least They Post Their Tech Specs

s dog
08-25-2005, 09:48 PM
I have some high power audio equipment ie 200 watt amps, preamp, 500 watt sub etc. I am debating between 2 power centers for my system . they are monster hts 5100 and the belkin PF 60. any one know which of the 2 is the better unit and which would give better results. can find them for about the same amount of money
I have the panamax 4300 and it works fine for me, cost $180.00 and it looks very cool on the audio stand.

HAVIC
08-26-2005, 11:40 AM
I have dealt with many belkin products in mass quantities and have been VERY disappointed. I am a Computer network engineer and deal with over 500 servers and 40,000 workstations in 45 school districts.
It has been over a year that I opened a tech support case with them and have not heard back from them, I called to ask about my case number and was told someone would get back to me and they never did.
Even if the product gets a good review beware of the quality your are going to get. I can't stress enough the problems I have had with Belkin. I could go through all the problems here and would go on for many pages so I will spare you the time.
I hope you take this advice because I would hate for someone else to be burned by this horrible company..
Greg

ttskyline01
08-31-2005, 05:47 PM
I have dealt with many belkin products in mass quantities and have been VERY disappointed. I am a Computer network engineer and deal with over 500 servers and 40,000 workstations in 45 school districts.
It has been over a year that I opened a tech support case with them and have not heard back from them, I called to ask about my case number and was told someone would get back to me and they never did.
Even if the product gets a good review beware of the quality your are going to get. I can't stress enough the problems I have had with Belkin. I could go through all the problems here and would go on for many pages so I will spare you the time.
I hope you take this advice because I would hate for someone else to be burned by this horrible company..
Greg
Well i cant say that i had problems with belkin before but i do have a Pure AV HT power bar that i bought from home depot for $119 and I can honestly say it did improve my entire HT system!! I can even tell if my sub is on it or not!