Almost there: Need help on the HD TV thing [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Almost there: Need help on the HD TV thing

Jim Clark
06-17-2005, 02:46 PM
I've been waiting hoping that the new line of Sony's would all have the Cinema Black Pro feature but it's looking more and more like the 55 and 60 inch models won't include that for some bizarre reason.

My finalist is pretty much the Sony KDF55XS955 and I've found it at Onecall for:
2849.62 with freight included and of course no sales tax
and additional 125.00 coupon until 6/20
and I'm pretty sure they've reduced the extended warranty to 110.00

I think that is enough to get off the fence and live with the fugly wing speakers.

Main concern, and it's a biggie, does anyone know what Onecall is like to do business with?

Thoughts and experiences are welcome.

Regards,
jc

EdwardGein
06-17-2005, 03:03 PM
I never heard of the place but are there any local places near you that you can get a similar price within $200 or so? If not, then punt. Just kidding. How about Amazon.com and other known online places. Also try pricegrabber, epinions, etc. If Onecall is by and far the best deal then go with them. I never heard of them but that doesn't make them bad. You need to get an extended warrantey with Sony or someone because if something happens to this set, your going to be in a heep amount of trouble. Chances are nothing will go wrong but rather safe then sorry. I spent I think $250 or so on an extended warranty on my Mitsubishi 48" HDTV & with any luck I won't need to use it but its insurance nonetheless. Your also going to need decent component cables and an HD DVR from your cable or Satellite company to rent.
Good luck

Jim Clark
06-17-2005, 03:10 PM
I never heard of the place but are there any local places near you that you can get a similar price within $200 or so? If not, then punt. Just kidding. How about Amazon.com and other known online places. Also try pricegrabber, epinions, etc. If Onecall is by and far the best deal then go with them. I never heard of them but that doesn't make them bad. You need to get an extended warrantey with Sony or someone because if something happens to this set, your going to be in a heep amount of trouble. Chances are nothing will go wrong but rather safe then sorry. I spent I think $250 or so on an extended warranty on my Mitsubishi 48" HDTV & with any luck I won't need to use it but its insurance nonetheless. Your also going to need decent component cables and an HD DVR from your cable or Satellite company to rent.
Good luck

You've become the "Woodman" of the new generation of posters here at the site. Your feedback is always welcome. If you're uncertain, that's pretty much the best compliment one can come by 'round here.

I'm for sure getting the warranty, and Onecall is a Sony authorized internet seller so I"m hoping getting service isn't going to be all that traumatic. I will print out the page and run it Sears and see what they have to say. Woodman always liked Sears...

Thanks,
jc

edtyct
06-17-2005, 06:19 PM
For mid-fi equipment, One Call is a class act. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. By the way, they aren't kidding when they suggest that you call them before you buy at their published price. Ask for the best price, and the one on screen, even if low, may go lower. They ship really fast.

Ed

Jim Clark
06-17-2005, 08:25 PM
For mid-fi equipment, One Call is a class act. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. By the way, they aren't kidding when they suggest that you call them before you buy at their published price. Ask for the best price, and the one on screen, even if low, may go lower. They ship really fast.

Ed

Uh, yeah,( he shuffles his feet feeling rather foolish). I have to admit that with absolutely no disrespect intended towards Edwardgein, I got my posters mixed up in my last reply!

EdwardGein/edtyct
edtyct/EdwardGein

Not really all that similar but close enough for someone who really doesn't pay attention (that would be me).

Sorry to get you two mixed up and I'm grateful to both of you for your replies. I'm gonna go somewhere and hide now.

jc

drseid
06-18-2005, 03:58 AM
I've been waiting hoping that the new line of Sony's would all have the Cinema Black Pro feature but it's looking more and more like the 55 and 60 inch models won't include that for some bizarre reason.

My finalist is pretty much the Sony KDF55XS955 and I've found it at Onecall for:
2849.62 with freight included and of course no sales tax
and additional 125.00 coupon until 6/20
and I'm pretty sure they've reduced the extended warranty to 110.00

I think that is enough to get off the fence and live with the fugly wing speakers.

Main concern, and it's a biggie, does anyone know what Onecall is like to do business with?

Thoughts and experiences are welcome.

Regards,
jc
Onecall (Huppins) is super easy to deal with. I have bought several products over the years from them, and I have had nothing but the best service from their staff (both initial sales, and follow-up).

They tend to rarely have the absolute lowest price, but when it comes to online electronics sales, I only use them regardless, due to the reliability of their service that their competitors can't match (quite frankly it is much better than regular stores).

---Dave

Eric Z
06-18-2005, 04:48 AM
So, it looks like Onecall goes lower than their listed price on their website? What did you have to do, call them and ask what them to give you their best price? On the website, the Sony is listed for $3700, so you're getting a decent amount off of that. Do you find they usually mark prices up so it looks like they're really taking care of you by knocking a few hundred off? Just wondering.

Looks like a nice TV- I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Also, it looks like a couple posters live by buying from them- great service obviously goes a long way!

Enjoy!
Eric

Eric Z
06-18-2005, 04:51 AM
I see now- click on the best price link. I guess I should have inspected the site a bit better.

edtyct
06-20-2005, 07:00 AM
jc, my apologies. I missed the compliment directed at me. Thank you kindly for it. And, at my age, it's always nice to be recognized as part of any new generation. If Woodman isn't offended by the association, I'm in good company. I hope that the board hasn't lost him. I've enjoyed many of his video posts, even the sententious ones. Thanks again.

Ed