Help connecting sub to old Onkyo Reciever [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help connecting sub to old Onkyo Reciever

BDM1
06-14-2005, 01:37 PM
I hate to ask stupid questions but thought someone here might be able to help.

I've finally joined the 1990's and bought a sub.

I won't have the funds to buy a new reciever/amp/etc, for a while and need to connect my sub to my old prologic Onkyo. There are no "speaker" outs for a sub.

I assume I need to wire the sub in series with my mains but could use any advise possible. I'm a bit of a neophyte so KISS is the best policy with me.

I'm getting new Klipsch RF7's and RWS-12 tonight and would love to use them as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian

JohnMichael
06-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I hate to ask stupid questions but thought someone here might be able to help.

I've finally joined the 1990's and bought a sub.

I won't have the funds to buy a new reciever/amp/etc, for a while and need to connect my sub to my old prologic Onkyo. There are no "speaker" outs for a sub.

I assume I need to wire the sub in series with my mains but could use any advise possible. I'm a bit of a neophyte so KISS is the best policy with me.

I'm getting new Klipsch RF7's and RWS-12 tonight and would love to use them as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian
You should be able to run speaker wire from your receivers speaker-outs to the high level/ speaker-in of the sub woofer. Then there should be a set of speaker-out connectors on the sub where you would run a set of speaker wires back to your main speakers