Found Not Guilty [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Found Not Guilty

MARTINLOGAN123
06-13-2005, 02:08 PM
I am so glad that Mikey was found not guilty. I love him and everything he has done for the world. He is a great man.

JohnMichael
06-13-2005, 02:11 PM
If he is truly not guilty I am glad he was found not guilty. Though don't you think its time for him to get some older friends and remove himself from scandal.

MARTINLOGAN123
06-13-2005, 02:11 PM
I am so glad that Mikey was found not guilty. I love him and everything he has done for the world. He is a great man.

I just wish that CNN broadcasted it in HD so I could see all the 13 year olds twitch their eyes when he was found not guilty.

I bet Michael Jackson will celebrate with a pillow biting contest tonight at his ranch for all the child supporters.

Resident Loser
06-14-2005, 05:21 AM
...reportedly said that he(Jackson) is probably a child molester, but that the prosecution simply did not make a strong enough case...

Not having been there, I can only wonder what sort of evidence is required to make a "strong" case?

The following has humorous intent and no basis in fact:

Reporter: Michael, Michael...now that you've been found not guilty, what are your plans?

MJ: Help OJ find the real killers.

jimHJJ(...a one man carnival side show...)

kexodusc
06-14-2005, 06:32 AM
Ya know, this guy is scarry weird, and he sets himself up for stuff like this. That said I think justice was served. This family should be in prison for some of the stunts they've pulled, con-artists indeed.

While I'm not a Wacko-Jacko fan at all, I'm still bitter at his 93 molestation trial (or lack thereof). The advice Jacko received was to pay-off the family a few million to keep the story out of the news to save his career...that backfired miserably.
What's worse, that the family accepted that miserably small sum of money never set well with me...
I'm not a parent, but I know damn well that if someone raped my sister no amount of money would convince me to sweep it under the carpet. "You raped my kid, but for a few million, we'll call it even." Yeah right. If that family believed they were wronged, they would have gained much, much more from a court decision than the small hush-hush pay-off, and Jackson would not be a free man, would get the punishmen he deserved.

The courts shouldn't allow these pay-offs in the first place. We all owe a duty of care to each other. That family turned its back on America when allowed what is claimed a pedophile to remain a free man.

Something isn't right about all this. The guy's an easy target who doesn't do himself any favors, but I as nuts as he is I'm not convinced he's a child molestor.

GMichael
06-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Mike's having a big celebration over the weekend. All of our kids are invited. Who's going to buy the first plane ticket?

Resident Loser
06-14-2005, 08:05 AM
...this guy is scarry ...

...you can blame his plastic surgeon(who should have his license to practice medicine revoked) for that...or did you mean scary...

jimHJJ(...in either case you're probably right...I never could resist a good straight-line...)

JoeE SP9
06-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Any fourty plus man who sleeps with pre-teenage boys is certainly not working on all cylinders. The real questtion is after all the allegations over the years, why do some parents continue to allow Michael to have their chidren visit overnight.

Duds
06-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Just proves how f'ed up the system is. Fame and fortune will get you out of anything. Oj, Robert Blake, now this clown..

Resident Loser
06-14-2005, 08:19 AM
...why do some parents continue to allow Michael to have their chidren visit overnight...

It's the same answer I give for many such conundrums...because they are stupid, over-indulgent @$$holes...whose parents were probably of the same ilk...

jimHJJ(...ah, my peer group...the "boomers"...)

piece-it pete
06-14-2005, 12:17 PM
MJ: Help OJ find the real killers.

lol!

He was found not guilty, I accept that, but...

I'd NEVER leave my kids with him!!

Pete

JSE
06-15-2005, 11:40 AM
I heard one Juror say something to this extent:

"I really could not believe the parents would allow their child to be in a situation like that. They are guitly to some degree"

Huh? What? Did that person just say that? To be put in what situation? You just found him inocent. Why would you be concerned if you just aquitted him. He did nothing wrong according to your verdict.

I really don't think he molested this kid. I think the family was and is out for money. I'm guessing a civil suit will follow shortly. I do think the guy is a freak and certainly should not be doing the things he does with kids but I don't think any thing happened in this case. Now with other children? Who knows. One thing is for sure, the King of Pop needs to get his head examined and work on his mental health. He is truly a freak.

JSE

shokhead
06-15-2005, 12:16 PM
I heard one Juror say something to this extent:

"I really could not believe the parents would allow their child to be in a situation like that. They are guitly to some degree"

Huh? What? Did that person just say that? To be put in what situation? You just found him inocent. Why would you be concerned if you just aquitted him. He did nothing wrong according to your verdict.

I really don't think he molested this kid. I think the family was and is out for money. I'm guessing a civil suit will follow shortly. I do think the guy is a freak and certainly should not be doing the things he does with kids but I don't think any thing happened in this case. Now with other children? Who knows. One thing is for sure, the King of Pop needs to get his head examined and work on his mental health. He is truly a freak.

JSE

What the jurors think doesnt mean a thing. They had to by the judge's orders just like any case,go by the evidence. They went by the evidence,notes taken and witness credablity and it left doubt. They did as instructed.

JSE
06-15-2005, 03:38 PM
What the jurors think doesnt mean a thing. They had to by the judge's orders just like any case,go by the evidence.

What? What the jurors think means everything. It's how they interpret the evidence. They are not robots who take a purely objective look at the evidence. Personal beliefs and biases enter into the subjective decision making process of every juror. I am in the courtroom several times a month monitoring trials for my company. I can tell you that evidence is only part of what a juror basis his decision on.

If what you said were true, the Juice would be in jail right now. :D

JSE

Pat D
06-16-2005, 06:46 AM
Not having been there, I can only wonder what sort of evidence is required to make a "strong" case?

Strong evidence? Maybe witnesses who don't say one thing one time and then later turn around and say the opposite would help. Maybe witnesses who haven't perjured themselves in other cases. Here's an account of the charges and trial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_trial_of_Michael_Jackson

shokhead
06-16-2005, 09:06 AM
What? What the jurors think means everything. It's how they interpret the evidence. They are not robots who take a purely objective look at the evidence. Personal beliefs and biases enter into the subjective decision making process of every juror. I am in the courtroom several times a month monitoring trials for my company. I can tell you that evidence is only part of what a juror basis his decision on.

If what you said were true, the Juice would be in jail right now. :D

JSE

I dont want then going on there gut feeling. Use the evidence that says beyond a doubt.

JSE
06-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Use the evidence that says beyond a doubt.

Unfortunately, that does not always happen.

JSE

piece-it pete
06-17-2005, 08:08 AM
He is truly a freak. JSE

Freeeeeeeak.

He'll tell you once again, he's bad.

Pete

RGA
06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
As an aside to this -- everyone goes on about the cost money wise to Michael Jackson. I think it is pretty terrible that if someone unjustly accuses you - takes you to court costs you millions of dollars and then at the end it is determined you were not guilty that you should nto have all the expenses nullified.

I mean I am thinking of working in the US as a teacher sometime down the road -- And it seems like a Sue happy country more-so than a gun happy country. So if some guy sues me over nothing I have to PAY for expensive lawyers to defend myself putting me in the pssible poor house and then when the other guys allegation is chucked out sure I am acquitted but now broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And sure I could sue the other guy but if he has mediocre money even if I won what would I get.

Am I worrying over nothing -- or is there some kind of govenrment free GOOD defense council against this kinda thing like there is here? Thanks.

Ohh and Jackson has some issues which are clear. IMO with a fellow like this there should be some sort of duty of care to children which MUST come before the rights of rich eccentrics. In other words some sort of organization that that puts some sort of restraining order on Jackson and not allowing him contact with children.

The problem with that is the objections of some who will say there is no proof -- but there is circumstantial evidence and his holidng the baby over the balcony etc that should be enough to simply say sorry but no contact with children in private. It may be a removal of personal freedom but at the same time err on the side of the kids. And if the accusers are found as con artists they should have the book thrown at them.

As a soon to be teacher -- I see often male teachers accused of acts against students they never committed. However the accusation is extremely damaging -- later is determined the students didn't like the teacher or the mark they got and retliate by trying to get the teacher fired. Even when it's later determined the teacher did nothing -- people are still suspicious and it can hurt that teacher for the rest of their career. A slap on the wrist is given to the student's here in Canada so I hope in the states the Student gets in some serious trouble for this kind of thing. False accusations to me need to be seriously dealt with.

shokhead
06-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Gun happy,heck yes and mostly bad guys. Well the students that bring them to school are not all bad. Sue happy,heck yes. Many times have read about somebody breaking into a house,gets hurt and sues. Parents are walking around schools looking for a reason to sue. Teachers are no better thought off then a dirty pile of diapers. Parents here in the US only figure they need to spit out the kid from between there legs and then someone else does the rest. I cant tell you how many times we get parents calling our school to ask about diaper changing and when we tell them we dont,you have to hold the phone away from your ear. We have now bought a washer and dryer to do the laundry for familys so the kids will have clean cloths. When the parent is asked why dont you,well i cant find any quarters. Teachers are yelled at,over worked with non-teaching problems,underpaid as you compare to the ones they educate and go on to make some money, they often make much more then the person who gave them the tools. Cal is taking back medical or downgrading. Over the last 6 or 7 years i think the teachers have gotten around 2% raise. Before that they said they would skip there raise because of money problems in the district. Never read that one in the newspaper.2% over 6-7 years. Now from what i hear the suit and ties have misplaced 15 million and it cant be found.{LBUSD}. So the ones that were incharge of it has either quit,retired or they were moved to a different position as happens when upper mang screws up in LB. Now to make up for the missing it cafe workers,custodians,grounds,playground will all be cut more. Not a good time to be a teacher.