how to pull-out a pushed-in tweeter? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : how to pull-out a pushed-in tweeter?

Tarheel_
06-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Tweeter = aluminum-alloy dome tweeter
the tweeter is just barely pushed-in...which is to say it's not creased. It's a small one...

How should i remove it?

Or should i leave it?

How does this effect performance (its a new speaker to me so i cannot determine)?

PAT.P
06-13-2005, 10:27 AM
the tweeter is just barely pushed-in...which is to say it's not creased. It's a small one...

How should i remove it?

Or should i leave it?

How does this effect performance (its a new speaker to me so i cannot determine)?
Tarheel Wont effect performance ,if you can live with it like this. Some people use a small needle or small pressure to pull it out . Look in past post its there some where .Pat.P

nightflier
06-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Tarheel Wont effect performance ,if you can live with it like this. Some people use a small needle or small pressure to pull it out . Look in past post its there some where .Pat.P

Wouldn't this weaken the speaker?

For something that is moving all the time, I would expect it to eventually tear (of course it depends on the materials, but I was particularly thinking of soft materials like silk).

JohnMichael
06-13-2005, 12:20 PM
I do not know if these are still available but they use to make small suction cups to remove hard contacts from the eye. It would give a gentle amount of suction and be small enough for the dented area of the dome. Just an idea.

MARTINLOGAN123
06-13-2005, 03:02 PM

How should i remove it?

Or should i leave it?

If only you could go back in time....When i worked at CC 6yrs ago i used double sided sticky tape. Just rub the spot and pull.

psonic
06-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Some duct tape or packing tape should work fine. Carefully touch the center of the dent with it and pull out, continuing till the dent is gone. Works great...it should not affect sound, at least I did not notice any problem when it happened to the Dynes.