Whoops!!! Forgot the Poll!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Whoops!!! Forgot the Poll!!!!

Worf101
06-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Silly me...

kexodusc
06-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Interesting choices...I'd probably pick Predator if it was on the list, that movie was a fav of mine as a wee tyke.
Gonna go with First Blood though. Rambo was awesome. Wicked awesome. You'd actually believe he could single handedly take out all the commies and bad guys. Why? Because he wasn't pretty.

Godfather and Goodfellas were better movies, but not champions of the genre.

Kill Bill should be mentioned up there now though...even if it was an ass-kicking lady...total "He-Man".

No Chuck Norris?

MomurdA
06-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Had to go with Conan. Although Total Recall, Robocop, Predator, probably had more killing and blood, in Conan they all die with a sword or bow, or a huge spike goin through their chest, which is why i picked that film.

topspeed
06-13-2005, 10:04 AM
I know what you're thinking...

Did he fire six shots...or five?

Honestly, in all the excitement, I lost count myself.

But considering this is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and can blow your head clean off, ask yourself this question:

Do I feel lucky?

Well, do ya Punk?!

Worf101
06-13-2005, 10:36 AM
I'd read all the Conan books (Lancer Paperbacks with the Fazetta covers) while in Junior High so I was totally Jazzed to see Conan coming to the big screen. I entered the theatre that night with a LOT of trepidation though as I'd caught the Govenator as "Hercules" and thought he was just awful. Having way low expectations I left that film on a natural High. John Milus gave us a Conan of Mythic proportions almost Kurasawa in it's scope. Ahnolds accent fight and the film had great action to boot. It's my fave, just gotta love it.

Da Worfster :cool:

paul_pci
06-13-2005, 03:38 PM
I had to go with First Blood. That is total testosterone, shoot 'em up with a great gas station explosion. Best on the list. As far as Arnooold goes, the better choice, not to dis the Worfster, would be Commando. That movie is the all out, total egregious shoot 'em blow 'em up and forget about the clean up.

kexodusc
06-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Good call on Commando...ain't that the one where Arnold Terminator takes a big ol' 6 inch diameter pipe and chucks it right through a guys torso? What could be more bad-ass than that?

Kam
06-13-2005, 04:54 PM
where are they worfster? why aren't they on the list? you know which movies am talkin' about..... he-man movie and you leave him off....? how could you?

bloodsport.... cyborg.... kickboxer.... lionheart... death warrant.... universal soldier... hard target... timecop....

but had to go with conan.... just by the sheer number of quotes from that movie and one of the first nude scenes i was able to sneak a peak at as a kid (along with linda hamilton in terminator)... also one of the few R movies i caught when i wasnt supposed to.

:):)
peace
k2

Smokey
06-13-2005, 06:30 PM
where are they worfster? why aren't they on the list? you know which movies am talkin' about..... he-man movie and you leave him off....? how could you?

bloodsport.... cyborg.... kickboxer.... lionheart... death warrant.... universal soldier... hard target... timecop....

To tell you truth, I am glad Worf left out those movies :D

paul_pci
06-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Good call on Commando...ain't that the one where Arnold Terminator takes a big ol' 6 inch diameter pipe and chucks it right through a guys torso? What could be more bad-ass than that?

Remember the shot where Arnold cut this giuy's arm off with a saw blade and it was reported that in the original script, he was supposed to beat the guy with his own arm, but the cut it out of the final print. Now that's movie-making!

eisforelectronic
06-13-2005, 08:17 PM
but had to go with conan.... just by the sheer number of quotes from that movie and one of the first nude scenes i was able to sneak a peak at as a kid (along with linda hamilton in terminator)... also one of the few R movies i caught when i wasnt supposed to.

peace
k2

Q: What is best in life?

A: To crush your enemies
See them driven before you
And to hear the lamentations of the women

eisforelectronic
06-13-2005, 08:22 PM

peace
k2

Don't forget Maximum Risk, Double Impact and Double Team. All with the best co-stars one could ask for.

Kam
06-14-2005, 04:45 AM
Remember the shot where Arnold cut this giuy's arm off with a saw blade and it was reported that in the original script, he was supposed to beat the guy with his own arm, but the cut it out of the final print. Now that's movie-making!

and with a young alyssa milano... ahhhh.... how she grew up from such a lil girl to a lovely young women with a rack to die for.

Q: What is best in life?

A: To crush your enemies
See them driven before you
And to hear the lamentations of the women

"Crom! Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, to HELL with you!!!"

And james earl with the flowing locks of hair!! how can you go wrong with the big J.E.??

and i know worfster refuses to acknowledge it.... but Conan the Destroyer... is there a better 'so bad it's good' movie out there? wilt, grace, andre the giant, and a fetching olivia d'abo... before her wonder years. classic!!

topspeed
06-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm...

Olivia D'abo (slobber drool gurgle). Hoo boy, what an impression that 17 yr. old lass left on this young lad!

http://www.mittelalter-netzwerk.de/Bilder_extern/Laterna_Magica/Olivia_DAbo_1.jpg

MomurdA
06-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Andre the Giant was in Destroyer? Where? Dont tell me he was the evil god with the huge horn sticking out of his head...

Kam
06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Andre the Giant was in Destroyer? Where? Dont tell me he was the evil god with the huge horn sticking out of his head...

unfortunately you are correct, sir. Dagoth, the horned god.

eisforelectronic
06-14-2005, 08:46 PM
and with a young alyssa milano... ahhhh.... how she grew up from such a lil girl to a lovely young women with a rack to die for.

"Crom! Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, to HELL with you!!!"

And james earl with the flowing locks of hair!! how can you go wrong with the big J.E.??

and i know worfster refuses to acknowledge it.... but Conan the Destroyer... is there a better 'so bad it's good' movie out there? wilt, grace, andre the giant, and a fetching olivia d'abo... before her wonder years. classic!!

Maybe there should be a movie quote thread?

topspeed
06-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Maybe there should be a movie quote thread?
That's a great idea! Start one!

MomurdA
06-15-2005, 01:13 PM
I have just about every single one liner ahnold has ever said in my memory. I could post for days on that topic.

Woochifer
06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Well, without the sex, I'd say that probably the most testosterone-filled movie I can think of off hand would be Predator. Of course, if the director had figured out some way to weave a group-luv-in with that Latina hostage, you would have had your winner by a long shot! Unlike Rambo where you just got one pissed off dude taking target practice, here we got a whole assault team of buffed up muscleheads with automatic weapons, plus one uglymuthaf**ker with a nuclear arsenal!

"I ain't got time to bleed."

Commando is one of my all-time favorite brainless shoot-'em all flicks. In college, I went to see that right after I finished final exams, and lemme tell you that was about as cathartic a release as I could have possibly prescribed.

"Remember when I said I'd kill you last? ... I LIED!"
"What did you do with him?"
"I let him go."

Otherwise, another one of my personal favorite pics for testosterone junkies would have to be John Woo's Hong Kong classic Hard Boiled. If anyone wants to see why Chow Yun-Fat was once dubbed The Coolest Actor In The World by the L.A. Times Magazine, look no further than this no-holds-barred gangster ballet with bullets (thousands of 'em).

This movie also features one of the all-time greatest action set pieces ever filmed -- a six [?] minute+ long uninterrupted continuous take featuring a shootout inside of a hospital corridor with two guys trying to fight off an army of gangsters that pop out through doors and windows with no warning. Explosions, gunfire, mayhem, and corpses galore ... and it all had to be done on the first take because they did not have the budget to set that shot for a second take!

Surprised that no one's brought up Top Gun with all of that testosterone overload. (Personally, it just came across to me as just another Tom Cruise vanity project, so I never cared much for it) Of course, with all of the pretty boy homoerotic subtexts that have been ascribed to that movie in the ensuing years, I can see how its star on the he-man's list might have faded a bit.

eisforelectronic
06-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Otherwise, another one of my personal favorite pics for testosterone junkies would have to be John Woo's Hong Kong classic Hard Boiled. If anyone wants to see why Chow Yun-Fat was once dubbed The Coolest Actor In The World by the L.A. Times Magazine, look no further than this no-holds-barred gangster ballet with bullets (thousands of 'em).

This movie also features one of the all-time greatest action set pieces ever filmed -- a six [?] minute+ long uninterrupted continuous take featuring a shootout inside of a hospital corridor with two guys trying to fight off an army of gangsters that pop out through doors and windows with no warning. Explosions, gunfire, mayhem, and corpses galore ... and it all had to be done on the first take because they did not have the budget to set that shot for a second take!

I always liked "the Killer" and "A Better Tomorrow"

Worf101
06-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Well maybe not....

I'm tired of all the VanDammage I been taking round this forum. Ah hates it and it must stop. I'm NOT repeat NOT a fan of "da muscles from Brussels" who almost makes Stallone look like Olivier, although I did enjoy him in that Foreign Legion flick. Bottom line is, ah hates him, don't link him to me in any way...

Second. "Conan the Destroyer" was so bad it was BAD!!!! Not "Bad is in good bad" but bad as in sucks bad. Only thing worse was "Red Sonja" and "Kull" with Sorbet!!!

Ah has spoken....

Da Worfster

Kam
06-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Well maybe not....

I'm tired of all the VanDammage I been taking round this forum. Ah hates it and it must stop. I'm NOT repeat NOT a fan of "da muscles from Brussels" who almost makes Stallone look like Olivier, although I did enjoy him in that Foreign Legion flick. Bottom line is, ah hates him, don't link him to me in any way...

Second. "Conan the Destroyer" was so bad it was BAD!!!! Not "Bad is in good bad" but bad as in sucks bad. Only thing worse was "Red Sonja" and "Kull" with Sorbet!!!

Ah has spoken....

Da Worfster

am sorry... it really is wrong of me to link vandamme with your true favorite actor... Dolph Lundgren.
:D