Need some advice and what to purchase next? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice and what to purchase next?

potcha
01-01-2004, 07:47 PM
I have already bought my sub (JBL PB12) and also some tower speakers (Polk RTi 100) so now do I buy a good center speaker? or do I go with some souround speakers? I also need some advice on what are some good choices that are well priced along with good quality.

you have all been real helpfull

Geoffcin
01-02-2004, 04:50 AM
I have already bought my sub (JBL PB12) and also some tower speakers (Polk RTi 100) so now do I buy a good center speaker? or do I go with some souround speakers? I also need some advice on what are some good choices that are well priced along with good quality.

I would get a center next. A good center channel maks a big difference in HT. The Polk CSi30, or CSi40 looks like it would make a very good match.

poneal
01-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Go with a center speaker that matches the timbre of your new polks. I would get a nice heavy duty center since dialog from movies come from the center. So spend a little extra and get a good center.

aa21830
01-11-2004, 06:09 AM
I have already bought my sub (JBL PB12)

I got a year of very casual use out of mine before the amp went out. In total, probably less than 100 hours of use (rarely turned it up to wall-rattling levels, although it did sound pretty good when I did). Don't mean to be discouraging, but you might want to take a look at the reviews (I didn't).

dvjorge
01-11-2004, 06:45 AM
Hello guys,

No more problem with the JBL PB-12 Sub, JBL changed the amplifier design one year ago. Now the new digital amplifier is very reliable. Only you have to check if the sub serial number start with the letters "HA".All of them bring the new amplifier design and are awesome sounding.

Good Luck,
Jorge.

Willow
01-12-2004, 05:42 AM

I agree with every one else go with a centre. I to have polk for fronts and I have the CSi3 as centre for its size it sounds great it also has the design that you can flip it upside down and aim the tweeter to the listener....great cause its under my tv and I didnt have lots of room to put door stoppers or anything for that matter to elevate and aim the tweeter.

F1
01-12-2004, 07:52 AM
I have already bought my sub (JBL PB12) and also some tower speakers (Polk RTi 100) so now do I buy a good center speaker? or do I go with some souround speakers? I also need some advice on what are some good choices that are well priced along with good quality. you have all been real helpfull

The logical path is to stay with Polk. Surround speakers will create enveloping sound while center channel is the anchor of movie dialogue, so take your pick. As for model, Polk CSi 30 or 40 center is a good match and RTi 28 is nice for surround. If you mainly use surround sound for movie and you're on budget, the less expensive R 15 should work well for surround. Good luck.

Willow
01-12-2004, 08:59 AM
The logical path is to stay with Polk. Surround speakers will create enveloping sound while center channel is the anchor of movie dialogue, so take your pick. As for model, Polk CSi 30 or 40 center is a good match and RTi 28 is nice for surround. If you mainly use surround sound for movie and you're on budget, the less expensive R 15 should work well for surround. Good luck.

You could also go with the RTi4 they are bigger than the r15 and come with the powerport which makes it easy to wall mount

manek
01-14-2004, 06:49 AM
go for a polk centre only..whatever the company recommends as the centre to your main speakers !!!