It is hard to find a right pixels size Avatar. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : It is hard to find a right pixels size Avatar.

Smokey
11-15-2003, 02:38 PM
The maximum pixels allowed for Avatar (picture under your name) can not be larger than 80x80 pixels which is hard to find on the net. Couple of pictures I found that I liked on the net are about 100x100 pixels.

Is there any way to shrink a picture to fit that size (80x80). I tried to use Paint or Imaging program already installed in the Window under Accessaries, but didn't get any where.

Umrswimr
11-15-2003, 05:54 PM
The maximum pixels allowed for Avatar (picture under your name) can not be larger than 80x80 pixels which is hard to find on the net. Couple of pictures I found that I liked on the net are about 100x100 pixels.

Is there any way to shrink a picture to fit that size (80x80). I tried to use Paint or Imaging program already installed in the Window under Accessaries, but didn't get any where.

How about we bump the pixel requirement up to 100x100? :D

Jim Clark
11-15-2003, 06:42 PM

I use Photoshop to adjust the image size while I search for just the right avatar. I'm on about # 4 now. Anyway, you should look for an image shareware program since I doubt you want to spend 500 bucks for Photoshop. I know that Paintshop Pro is a powerful download and I'm sure would be more than adequate for your needs. They offter a 30 day fully functional trial period. This should get you started until you find a cheaper freeware or shareware alternative.

http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp?prod=K-PSP8-USDIR

jc

Jim Clark
11-16-2003, 05:54 AM
This should get you started until you find a cheaper freeware or shareware alternative.

jc
Who's looking out for you Smokey? Here is a freeware program that easily does what you need it to do.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Open the graphics file you want, click on Image-resize/resample and then set it to no more than 80 x80. It even preserves aspect ratio so it will look right. You can also convert file formats easily. Handy little program for the task-plus it's free.

jc

Smokey
11-16-2003, 03:50 PM
That software (Irfanview) looks like what I was looking for. And it is free. So look for new image soon :)

I look at the software you suggested (Photshop) and that program is huge. It is 55 MB and with my dial up, it probably take a day to download it :D