Roger Waters reunited with Pink Floyd ?!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters reunited with Pink Floyd ?!!

Demetrio
06-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Check the link below for more info:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4085484.stm

Cheers,
Demetrio.

ForeverAutumn
06-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Check the link below for more info:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4085484.stm

Cheers,
Demetrio.

Demetrio, if this were April 1st I'd think that you were pulling my leg. That's hard to believe. I would LOVE to be at that show! Too bad they'll probably only be able to perform three or four songs. Would a full-fledged reunion tour be too much to hope for?
Probably. :(

Demetrio
06-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Hey, FA, always glad to hear from you!!!

Some more links about the subject matter:

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0506121.html

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/12/pink.floyd.reut/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Cheers,
Demetrio.

shokhead
06-12-2005, 11:30 AM
I just never cared much for them. They must be broke.

MomurdA
06-12-2005, 12:29 PM

Have you heard Meddle or Relics? Obscured by Clouds? Animals?

Demetrio
06-12-2005, 01:17 PM
It's okay not to enjoy PF, but as for your second statement, if you didn't realized yet this is a benefit concert for charity, not for money.

Cheers,
Demetrio.

shokhead
06-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Have you heard Meddle or Relics? Obscured by Clouds? Animals?

Saw them in 80 at the LA Sports Arena,just didnt do it for me. Good show but just dont like the music. I was talked into going just like at the LB Arena to see ELP,didnt care for them either. Had tickets to see the Stones in the early 70's a couple of times but dont like them that much either. It seems the ones i liked i saw 3 times,the who,kansas,tull,grand funk,cat stevens,moody blues,yes,lz,deep purple and a crap lot more that i do not remember. All in the late 60's thru the 70's and early 80's. LOL

Troy
06-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Pretty big news, eh?

I just hope they don't decide they love one another now and have 13 "farewell" tours.

Or record a few lame "paint-by-numbers" albums.

Dusty Chalk
06-12-2005, 05:40 PM
I just hope they don't decide they love one another now and have 13 "farewell" tours.

Or record a few lame "paint-by-numbers" albums.I do. They can do whatever they want, I'll lap it up like milk to a kitten.

jasn
06-13-2005, 04:34 AM
What do you think their first song will be?

richmon
06-13-2005, 04:46 AM
If they tour, I'd go in a New York heartbeat. They always put on quite a spectacle live, with a tip top light show, quality sound system along with the inflatable pigs, remote control planes that crash into the stage etc etc. A complete audio/video extravaganza.
This would be a collossal cash generator, they could feed Africa for years with the revenue.

ForeverAutumn
06-13-2005, 05:19 AM

I doubt that this will be it, but...given the purpose of the show... On The Turning Away seems appropriate to me.

...Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The Turning Away.

No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
Its not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?

Dave_G
06-13-2005, 05:59 AM
Doubtful this will turn into a real "tour", but one can hope!

Unless they charge McCartney prices...

Dave

Troy
06-13-2005, 07:00 AM

I dunno, but I bet they close with "Comfortably Numb."

-Jar-
06-13-2005, 07:25 AM
I doubt that this will be it, but...given the purpose of the show... On The Turning Away seems appropriate to me.

...Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The Turning Away.

No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
Its not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?

While it's a nice song, I doubt very strongly that Roger would be involved in performing "Pink Floyd" material that he didn't help write. I would suspect a "hits of the 70's" type show. Probably a lot from WYWH and DSOTM. Maybe a couple from THE WALL. But I could be wrong. Stranger things have happened. Yes, I would probably like to see the show, but I feel I would probably be disappointed. Unless it was something like POMPEII where it was just the 4 guys jamming.. now that would rule. I fear it will become a huge production and that the music will suffocate under the weight of it's own pomp and grandeur..

-jar

Troy
06-13-2005, 07:57 AM
Pompeii? LOL, expect no fewer than 10 performers on stage. Both the Gilmour PF and Waters solo tours all had HUGE bands.

3-LockBox
06-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Pompeii? LOL, expect no fewer than 10 performers on stage. Both the Gilmour PF and Waters solo tours all had HUGE bands.

Water's DVD <i>Live-In The Flesh</i> looked like the cast of Godspell.

But no, I doubt there will be any "new" Floyd in the line-up. Waters is egotistical enough to play his own stuff though.

Waters certainly doesn't need Floyd the way Floyd needs him.

MomurdA
06-14-2005, 01:55 PM
If they just replayed Delicate Sound of Thunder i'd be happy. That covers some really good songs from the band, though not too much from their really early/creative times.