Wow, seems like a lot of old RR's moved to AA [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wow, seems like a lot of old RR's moved to AA

3-LockBox
06-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Why are there so many RaveRecers over at Rocky Road now? I mean c'mon, it can't be because of the music discussions...the place reads like the Don Rickles Academy of Cheapshots and Putdowns.

Even Demetrio plays!

And Yech isn't dead after all!

Just an observation...since this place is usually so fvcking dead.

Jim Clark
06-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Just did a quick scan over there, wowzers. For the most part I have to say that I'm glad I'm here and they're over there regardless of site traffic.

I got a kick out of Demetrio's post talking about the min. requirements for posting at RR. I have to admit that I can only cover 14 out of the 60 bands on his list, and most of them I don't like at all. Guess I can quit posing over here.

jc

Demetrio
06-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey, I'm back posting here too (as I am at AA, AudioKarma & Progressive Ears, for that matter).

And Jim, that minimum musical knowledge requirement I talked about is only valid for the friends of Yech at Rocky Road, ok? ;-))

Cheers,
Demetrio.

Jim Clark
06-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey, I'm back posting here too (as I am at AA, AudioKarma & Progressive Ears, for that matter).

And Jim, that minimum musical knowledge requirement I talked about is only valid for the friends of Yech at Rocky Road, ok? ;-))

Cheers,
Demetrio.

Whew! Now I'm feeling better!

I knew you were just messing around, I thought it was pretty funny actually.

jc

Finch Platte
06-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Why are there so many RaveRecers over at Rocky Road now? I mean c'mon, it can't be because of the music discussions...the place reads like the Don Rickles Academy of Cheapshots and Putdowns.

Even Demetrio plays!

...or whatever it is, I've finally realized that no one in here listens to stuff I like. Yeah, it took me a while, but God Almighty, there is some crap on that comp! :rolleyes:

And you could (and have) say the same about my comps, but God Almighty there's some crap on that comp. :confused: I mean, c'mon people. :eek:

fp

Dave_G
06-12-2005, 04:47 AM
Gary,

You have the absolute worst taste in music, besides this dude I know at work.

You need to get real and start listening to good music.

Snicker.

Dave

Hyfi
06-12-2005, 05:15 AM
I post at AA once in a while. When I stopped in there the other week, I found people including my friend Demetrio getting verbally brutalized by that ******* Yuck. I have had more than enough of his crap and being no one there has enough balls to give it back, I would play his little game. Notice how he backs away real fast when he gets a dose of himself.

Thanks to Tentoze, myself and a few others have started posting at AudioKarma. Like Gary stated, not too many people here seem to like what I do so I'm somewhere out in the cold. It's not the people.

The format at AA is much like the old RR and is way more fun to see the headers and be able to decide what to read by that instead of fishing through every post to see if it interests you.

Stone
06-12-2005, 05:33 AM

Even Demetrio plays!

I don't know of anybody who left this place to go over there. Many of us have been posting over there for years. A lot of the time it's the same old sh...stuff over there, but once in a while there's a good music discussion.

Slosh
06-12-2005, 05:43 AM
I pretty much don't post anywhere anymore (especially now that it's nearly summer). It was cool at first to come across people who like a lot of the same music as me, and then turned me on to much music I may have never discovered on my own, but I think it has pretty well run its course now. I'm back to finding new (or new-to-me) music trickling in, whereas for a couple of years there it was an utter deluge. :)

Finch Platte
06-12-2005, 07:01 PM
You need to get real and start listening to good music.

Dave

I keep forgetting. D'oh!

fp

3-LockBox
06-13-2005, 02:10 PM
could you provide me a link?