Demetrio: Where you been Hanging Out? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Demetrio: Where you been Hanging Out?

BarryL
01-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Hey Bid D. Package is on the way. Let me know when you get it. You should likely receive it next week. Another coming to you soon I hope.

I haven't seen you around these parts much. Are you hanging out elsewhere?

Wishing you a happy new year.

Swish
01-01-2004, 04:13 PM
since they were such good buddies. Probably swapping prog music and drinking beer.

Swish, who just made his 100th post.

Demetrio
01-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Hey, Barry, I have been around, often reading the posts over here as well, just not posting as much as I used to do in the old board because I don't like this format as much as I liked the old board.

Thanks for the new package, can hardly wait to get it. By the way, I am also working on some new prog material and will let you guys know as soon as I have it finished.

Happy new year for you and everybody else too!!

Demetrio.

BarryL
01-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Not much prog talk around these parts lately. We need some new albums, or some new people to spark the old debates.

Keep well, and hopefully you'll have better luck getting your wife to like your prog metal disks this year! :D

Demetrio
01-03-2004, 03:37 AM
I have some huge amount of new prog material to share, and when I started compilating this new stuff, I realized that I wouldn't have enough space for the music working with normal audio files. So I thought, since everybody seems to have an mp3-compatible player nowadays (dvd players, for example), why not to do an mp3 sampler this time? So I decided to work with mp3 files for this new sampler, recorded at 256 kbps for better audio quality. And must say that, even working with mp3 files, I was not able to put everything I wanted in one comp only, so I am working, in fact, in two new comps at the moment (both mp3, 256 kbps).

The provisory title of this new comp is Prog For A Week :-)) There must be lots of better titles for this project, so other suggestions are very welcome.

What do you guys think of the idea, would it fit well for you all? I mean, am I right assuming that you guys have mp3-compatible players at home?

Cheers,

Demetrio.

unleasHell
01-03-2004, 10:28 PM
HI GUYS!, hope all is well...

Happy New Year too,

It's good to see you guys still hanging in here, I have not quit listening, just quit buying CD's all-together.

All usable funds are being channeled into my photography.

Anything new and exciting out there to report?

I did get the new Pineapple Thief CD "Variations" and was a bit disappointed....

Demetrio
01-04-2004, 04:45 AM
Anything new and exciting out there to report?

Yes, the new <b>ISILDURS BANE "Mind Vol. 4"</b> and <b>AFTER CRYING "Show"</b> are simply awesome!!

Another recent discovery I would highly recomend too is <b>US "A Sorrow in Our Hearts"</b>, a must for any Genesis fan. This is the band's homepage:

http://www.the-music-of-us.com/

Welcome back, hope we can talk more about prog here too.

Demetrio.

BarryL
01-04-2004, 12:33 PM
No question that you can get a lot more MP3 music on a disk than full audio quality. Most of my equipment is prior to MP3, but I can listen on my computer. As older stuff gets replaced, all will be able to play MP3s. Hopefully I'll move up to home theatre this year, which will mean I can play MP3s. Anyway, I can also rip these to my iPod and listen that way.

As always, I look forward to great new prog music. Thanks.