Denon 3801 Remote [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon 3801 Remote

Sharkie
06-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Greetings;

Recently the remote on my 3801 lost it's range. It will work from about 5 feet away only. I have replaced the batteries and there are no obstructions.

Any suggestions appreciated.............thanks,

Sharkie.

topspeed
06-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Go buy a universal remote. I've heard good things about the Harmony and Theater Master units. Check out remotecentral.com for info. It will be cheaper and likely easier to use than the Denon. Just program the code for your receiver in and you're good to go.

EdwardGein
06-09-2005, 01:41 PM
I have the Denon 3801 remote and never had any problems with it. The 3801 Receiver rules. Its probably your batteries. I actually sold my 3801 remote to some poor sucker on Ebay for $55 and replaced it with a great Harmony Universal 676 Remote which you can get brand new online for around $125 though it retails for $250 or so in the stores. The great thing about Harmony is you don't have to program it, you can just download whatever remote your replacing from the Harminy Logitech website or just call the Harmony people up and they wll do it themselves & just takes a minute or too. You might actually be better off in having them download it for you- you have your own free account on their site which they load the info on there. If you go the Harmony Route and aren't sure of what to ask them or how to set it up, email me & I'll help you with what you need to know.

Sharkie
06-10-2005, 03:49 AM
Thank you for the replies. I'll try replacing the batteries again. The remote is acknowledging a change ........e.g. DVD to TV but the receiver isn't picking it up. I guess the universal remote will be my only choice after this. Hopefully the Harmony is available in Canada.

Sharkie

EdwardGein
06-10-2005, 07:02 AM
. Hopefully the Harmony is available in Canada. Sharkie

If you want to pay double for it make sure you go looking for it in a store in Canada. Just buy it online.