Anyone here have Conspiracy by Squire/Sherwood? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have Conspiracy by Squire/Sherwood?

3-LockBox
06-09-2005, 09:39 AM
I've seen it in stores but haven't heard anyhting from it. (duh)

I don't think I've seen anything here at RR about it either.

Jes wonderin

BarryL
06-09-2005, 10:07 AM
I've seen it in stores but haven't heard anyhting from it. (duh)

I don't think I've seen anything here at RR about it either.

Jes wonderin

I'm pretty sure I have that, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check when I get home. I think it was pretty good. Had some kind of nihilistic futuristic painting on the cover.

I'll get back to you.

Dusty Chalk
06-09-2005, 08:30 PM
I have it -- I remember digging it a bit, but I can't find it now. I think it'd be up your alley.

Troy
06-10-2005, 06:38 AM
Isn't there 2 of these?

The older one has the eyes on the cover and the song "Violet Purple Rose" on it. A lot of the album is culled from Sherwood's eqarlier solo and "World Trade" albums. Not bad, but I LIKED Sherwood and thought he was a better fit for Yes than Trevor Rabin, so what do I know?

The other one has the 3D model sci-fi cover. I found this one to be rather pedestrian neo-prog. Like an Enchant or one of those other faceless Mangna Carta bands. I'll have to pull it out and play it.

Dave_G
06-10-2005, 09:15 AM
I have both of their cd's and if you want them they are yours for 5 bucks a piece.

Dave

BarryL
06-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Isn't there 2 of these?

The other one has the 3D model sci-fi cover. I found this one to be rather pedestrian neo-prog. Like an Enchant or one of those other faceless Mangna Carta bands. I'll have to pull it out and play it.

I played it twice today (The Unknown). There are exactly three good tracks (Conspiracy, Confess, and I Could). It's an okay album, but for me it reflects Sherwood's primary weakiness, his inability to write interesting songs. I'm keeping it because I like Squire. I don't suppose he'll do another solo album? Now that was a sleeping classic.

I recall hearing the first one at a listening station and deciding to pass.