Tuesday, come Wednesday [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, come Wednesday

Davey
06-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Friday's on my mind...but this morning I was listening to that latest Andrew Bird album, something about mysterious eggs, and thinking that it's still easily my favorite of the year. Just flows from one very good song to the next, with never a letdown. One of the best overall albums I've heard in quite some time. Doesn't have a knockout, chart climbing, sing-a-long, monster hook driven single, but doesn't have any of the filler that normally follows that knockout single either. Sure is nice.

And listened a couple times to the new Spoon album. Very, very good, and close to my favorite of the year. Last time I played it I had to listen to that "Merchants of Soul" closer a coupla times or so. Man, there's a lot of great songs on this one. No short-haired, yellow-bellied, son of tricky dicky ... oh wait, that's a Lennon song. Gimme some truth. I meant gimme fiction! That's the one.

And some CRSV10 spins in there too. Really like pretty much every thing on here to a certain degree, although I don't care too much for the Blue Van song. Nothing wrong with it, but it justs seems a little unadventurous compared to many other songs on the comp. A couple others don't hold up as well to repeat listens as some of my favorites on the comp, but still like the whole thing. I have tended to skip the Keneally track in later listens, but I do think it's a pretty nice song. Just kind of gets on my nerves a little sometimes, and it's mastered or recorded so in your face. Wish he had left it a little more natural sounding, with some dynamics and not so much compression. Oh well, what can you do? It's the new standard. I do really like the transition from it to that great Modest Mouse song that SB nominated. One of the highlights on the last album for me and I guess her too. That Architecture In Helsinki opener is a big fave and that Bobby Bare Jr. song has really grown into one of my favorites too. And that <s>Gang of Four</s> Antelope song is pretty hot, if you're big into that sound like me and the Lion Tamer. Lots to like and a fun listen for me. Enjoyed putting in some of the transitions too, but stayed away from anything radical since I know some of you prefer those comforting couple seconds of silence between the songs.

I did wind up with a couple extra copies, so if you wanted one but didn't know how to ask until now....guess everybody probably has their copy by now, right?

Anyway, whatcha been listening to recently? Anything good? Bad? Any hot, sizzling, surefire recommendations?

Olivertmc
06-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Here's my latest:

Rilo Kiley - more adventurous
Dave Matthews Band - Stand Up (not a classic, but not terrible either)
Brian Wilson - Smile (it's almost summer!)
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Damian Jurardo - Waters Ave. S. (First album of his I've heard - any recommendations for others to try?)
Beck - Guero
Drive-By Truckers - Decoration Day (It took a little while to grown on me, but now I can't stop listening to it)
Bruce Springsteen - Devils and Dust
The Wrens - Meadowlands (love it)
Eeels - Blinking Lights and other Revelations (my first Eeels experience, I like it)
The Clash - London Calling
Stephen Malkmus - latest (I forgot the title, it's in my car)

ForeverAutumn
06-08-2005, 09:44 AM
I gave CRSv10 a spin yesterday. I enjoyed almost everything on it, but need to spend some more time with it before I'm ready to commit to any further comments.

Cold Play - X&Y - I listened to this three times this morning. It's really not doing anything for me. The only other Cold Play that I have is A Rush Of Blood to the Head. I love that CD. But it did take me a while to appreciate that one, so maybe this will grow on me with a few more spins. So far, it's just okay.

A few other listens this week...

Cold Play - A Rush of Blood to the Head
The Trews - House of Ill Fame
Jet - Get Born
Thornley - Come Again
Three Days Grace - S/T
Ray LaMontagne - Trouble
Rush - Moving Pictures - First thing on Monday morning....needed a little Tom Sawyer to get the blood flowing.

And a bonus disk that Davey sent me, but it's in the car and I can't remember who it is. Richard Somebody, maybe? Not sure.

nobody
06-08-2005, 09:56 AM
The new <b>White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan</b>, which kicks major ass. It starts off with a great rocking single before detouring into piano and mirimba based stuff. A change of direction, while still retaining their essence. Fantastic if you already like 'em, but nothing that's gonna win converts.

Also, a compilation called <b>The Posh Boy Story</b>, from Posh Boy records, an early 80s punk label outta california, featuring great tracks by TSOL, Social Distortion, Simpletones and more. IOt's got the single version of Suicide Child by the Nuns that is tons better than the LP version. It's also got one of my favorite all time novelty songs by Los Microwaves called It's Time to get Up. (favorite line...you shouldn't have let me go to bed if you wanted me to get up!)

Speaking of compilations, I came across a 2cd set called <b>Absolute Synth Classics</b> that may actually live up to the name. Starts off with some Human League and moves through stuff like Ultravox, Kraftwerk, Yaz, Communards, Erasure, and many more. A really fun compilation of 80s synth stuff.

Listened to the new <b>Common, Be</b>, which is really good, unless you're starting to get tired of Kanye West's quickly becoming standard production. I'm not tired of it yet, but he needs to come up with a few new tricks or its gonna start to sound way too cookie cutter.

Listened to <b>Miss Kittin's I.com</b> release, which is nothing special but still good fun. I could see a few people around here digging it. High energy, bouncy dance electro stuff with at least a little edge.

A couple <b>Billie Holiday</b> releasese popped up, namely <b>Lady in Satin</b> and <b>All or Nothing</b>. Of course, I love them both, but I hear Lady in satin gets ripped because of all the strings, the over orchestration, and Billie's fading voice, despite the fact that she called it her personal favorite of her recordings. It kinda sounds like the Charlie Parker deal where he loved his strings album even though many others bag on it. Whatever, its great to my ears and he fading voice is stil hanging on enough to hit the notes, while getting ragged enough to be just that bit mor expressive.

Finally, I'll mention what is probably one of the most fun soundtracks ever released...<b>Pink Flamingos</b>. It kicks off with Link Wray and goes for stuff like Frankie Lymon's Juvenile Deliquent, Little Richard's The Girl can't Help It, LeVern Baker's Jim Dandy and more before closing up with Pattie Page's How Much for the Little Diggie in the Window, which if you've seen the movie may bring back a memory or two.

More, particularly the Prince comp listed in another thread, but that's a big enough list for now.

Davey
06-08-2005, 10:10 AM
And a bonus disk that Davey sent me, but it's in the car and I can't remember who it is. Richard Somebody, maybe? Not sure.
Yeah, Richard Davies Telegraph. A favorite of mine and Mark the Ex Lion Tamer, and recently Sloshy, but don't let that scare you away ;)

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:5tdqoataiijp

MindGoneHaywire
06-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Over the weekend I went down to a place in Jersey that took several hundred CDs that I brought them & magically decreed that I should be the recipient of enough in the way of store credit to nearly cover the following:

The (Harry Smith) Anthology Of American Folk Music (6 CD box)
Billie Holiday--Good Morning Blues: The Complete Columbia Recordings (Italian import version of the 10-CD box)
Ella Fitzgerald--Ella: The Legendary Decca Years (4 CD box)
Bing Crosby--Bing: His Legendary Years 1931-1957 (4 CD box)
The History Of Chess Jazz (2 discs)
Jimi Hendrix Experience--Electric Ladyland

The Anthology I've long coveted, and I haven't heard it in years. The others were what I guess I wanted most so far as what that store had & I didn't. I debated for half a second between the Columbia Billie & the Verve Complete 10-CD box, which is the stuff I really prefer, but I have, should say had, practically none of the earlier stuff & had never sought it out after passing on a 3-disc Columbia box to my father a long time ago. Plus the Verve was more expensive, and I have quite a bit of it anyway. So I've been listening to this Columbia set mostly. Sounds better than I remember it, so I'm happy. I recently borrowed the new 2 disc + DVD compilation that came out to scoop the DVD content. Billie's long been my favorite singer, I go stretches where I don't reach for anything by her, but at other times I can't get enough. This is one of those times.

Haven't had the chance to delve too deeply into the Ella or the Bing but although I was never partial to Ella, I think this is a good place to start with both of 'em. I can't see not liking either of these enough to dump 'em anytime soon. The Chess collection is excellent. And the Hendrix, my homemade CDR of a F vinyl transfer just wasn't cutting it.

Also acquired these:

Sonny Clark--Dial "S" For Sonny
Tina Brooks--True Blue
Jackie McLean--Right Now!

But they're still wrapped so I'll have to get to that next week.

I borrowed that Posh Boy comp on vinyl from a friend about 20 years ago & I think I still have it somewhere around here. My favorite song is the Stepmothers' 'Push Comes To Shove.' But I remember digging the Agent Orange, the Channel 3, the Red Cross, the Circle Jerks, & the Simpletones toons before I knew much about any of these bands. Well, I still don't really know anything about the Stepmothers or the Simpletones...

For some unknown reason I threw on Van Halen's Diver Down. Anyone listen to 'Secrets' lately? I'd completely forgotten about this one. A pop GEM. Sorry, I never heard them do anything like this with Sammy Hagar. I don't think they did anything quite like this with DLR, either. The middle 8's not the strongest one I've heard but the rest is dang fine.

I picked up the White Stripes single on ITunes, listened to it once, liked it. So I'm curious about the album. Hasn't been much good rock'n'roll so far this year that I'm aware of. Maybe it's because last year finished so strongly, but I'm thinking so far this year hasn't been that good, period. But I probably would've said the same at this point last year, so who knows. Regardless, while this probably won't last, the weekend's haul sure seems like it could make up for a ridiculously subpar year--and in a year with a great Beck album, and a promising White Stripes rec, it doesn't seem likely it'll be that bad. So I'm in good shape, I guess.

-Jar-
06-08-2005, 12:43 PM
For some unknown reason I threw on Van Halen's Diver Down. Anyone listen to 'Secrets' lately? I'd completely forgotten about this one. A pop GEM. Sorry, I never heard them do anything like this with Sammy Hagar. I don't think they did anything quite like this with DLR, either. The middle 8's not the strongest one I've heard but the rest is dang fine.

Is "Secrets" the one that goes "she's got a rainbow that touches her shoulders" or something?

Yea, that's a great one. Definately one of my favorite VH cuts. Actually DIVER DOWN was the new VH album right when I started getting into them and the first VH album I bought. The first song I'd heard was their cover of "Dancing in the Street" on some radio show. Had to have it. Then it was II, because I'd heard "Somebody Get me a Doctor", then eventually the others. I still have my beat up vinyl copy of DIVER DOWN.. listen to it on occasion. That's really the only way to listen to it.

-jar

Slosh
06-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Stephen Malkmus - Face the Truth
You guys that passed on this never listen to it because you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it. As of right now it's the best thing he's ever been involved with. Yes, Pavement included. Hell, don't believe me. What do I care?

Listened to Troy's Rheostatics comp once on my work commute. I definitely need more spin time before forming any serious opinions but FWIW it seems like they have two or three really good ideas every track but one or two really bad ones too. Quirky as hell but I tend to like quirky. Once I get to know the songs better I predict I'm either gonna love it or despise it. No middle ground here.

Only had time to listen to half of the Okkervil River CD. So far, so good.

More of course but meaningless lists are for Obners :p

MomurdA
06-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Loquat- Its yours to keep Shoegazer space rock at its best. The lead singer chick has an awesome voice too.
Slowdive Just for A day More spaceout rock music. Pretty good.
Mercury Rev- All Is Dream I think the bassist from the flaming lips is in this band.
Coldplay x & y- Rush of blood to the head is classic. I have only heard this once so far, not much to remember yet.
The Postal Service Give Up AWESOME
Sounds from the Ground- Luminal Totally relaxing turn it on and close eyes.

Many others.

Monkey Bones
06-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Stephen Malkmus - Face the Truth
You guys that passed on this never listen to it because you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it.
Huh? Is there a freshness date on it or something? Ya mean, if we don't buy it the first week we're smack out of luck? You indie hipster types...sheesh ;)

Snowbunny
06-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Blissing out on the 10/10* CRVS group comp! This one was made just for me. I purposely haven' t read the tracklist, cause I want to see if I can put a RaveRecer name to a tune.

Even a song to go with my day in the garden. Not sure what it is but it starts out something like "in the garden until dark." Thanks for putting this one together, Davey and all the contributors. What a nice comp. :)

I must must must get the new Andrew Bird album!!! I'm guessing that's our friendly local Beefcake's submission? So many albums to buy, so little selection. Looks like its time for a visit to Zulu records since there's not a snowflake's chance in hell I'll find any of these artists in my little town.

Oh, but today the local Top 20 AM-style radio station played THE ARCADE FIRE! I'm guessing it has something to do with Canadian content regulations....

Snowie

*Well to be completely honest, track seven is kinda annoying so technically its not exactly a 10...

Slosh
06-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Blissing out on the 10/10* CRVS group comp! This one was made just for me. I purposely haven' t read the tracklist, cause I want to see if I can put a RaveRecer name to a tune.

Sooo, just who had to sleep with the fishes so you could get a copy? :o

edit: I didn't mean it like that

Ex Lion Tamer
06-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Just cracked open a bottle of Lezajsk...Polish Beer absolurtely ROCKS! Yeah it's 2-bucks a bottle, but it is soooo goood. Cued up the most excellent CRS10, supoib job Devey-Boi, man does this thing start off great or what. Architecture in Helsinki is a hoot and the Valina song might be my favorite of those that I've never heard, great segue into the excellent Bloc Party song too. Even the songs I didn't immediately take to, like The Mars Volta, or The Rheostatics are growing on me with each successive listen. And it ends up on just as high a note as it begins, both 13 & God and The Coach & Four just keep getting better and better.

Other listens...just can't get enough of Gimme Fiction, MUCH better than Kill the Moonlight and quickly approaching the stature of classics like Girls Can Tell and A Series of Snakes. Spoonis back baby! Still enjoying the new Beck, the bloom is starting to come off the rose of Bloc Party, still a fine debut, with a HUGE drum/bass sound and the greasy sounds of Bubblegum are still rocking my world. And for my "blast-from-the-past listen, I pulled out Hendrix's Band of Gypsys, simply one of the best live albums EVAH!

Hopefully next week I'll be reporting on the new White Stripes album, maybe I'll get A Ghost is Born, and Slosh has convinced me the the new Malkmus album is definitely in my future. I think I'll put out Pig Lib, before retiring for the evening.

That Mike Keneally song is just finishing up, where did that ending come from? Sounds a lot like something from Zappa's classical album; The Yellow Shark, you're right though Dave, great segue into Bukowski. "God Who'd want to be such an a***hole?"

Dusty Chalk
06-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Lots of Project Pitchfork, some Keith Jarrett (new solo piano album, Radiance, I think it's called), that Alison Moyet, Esmerine, Chandeen, not a whole lot...

LOTW (which looks too much like "Lord of the Rings" said with an Elmer Fudd accent for my tastes): I been really digging that Project Pitchfork "Nun" trilogy.

Davey
06-09-2005, 06:55 AM
This one was made just for me.....Even a song to go with my day in the garden. Not sure what it is but it starts out something like "in the garden until dark."
Yeah, that is a nice tune. By a band named Mofro. Kind of old and blue. I think it was one of our friendly local Beercake's favorites too ;)

Whatcha got growing in the garden this year?

I did do that one comp, think it was one of my Half Gone series, where I made everyone's copy unique with special bonus tracks. What a pita! It was fun to try and decide what different people might like, but then you have to keep them all separate and make sure the right one gets in the right package, and then remember to write down who got what...and in the end no one really cares anyway, except I do remember you mentioning that great Ocean song by Nina Nastasia that was on yours :)

So did I put something extra in your package? I tried to put an extra something in the packages but didn't have time to do them all. Man, for some reason this one took a lot of time to get out. Usually goes smoother, but still 17 packages is always a lot of work. Canada was really well represented on this one, which I guess is why it's a bit looney sounding, eh? Your bonus might've wound up with someone else, but the thought was there! Glad to here you like the Current Rotation Sampler (before Volume) comp ;)

Troy
06-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Reading that MGH is listening to (and enjoying) Van Halen is utterly incomprehensible. What's next J, Ted Nugent? LOL

And the Lion Tamer, getting into Keneally? Is the world spinning off it's axis? I agree, the closing section of that Spoonguy track is mainly why I included it. Maybe even PatD would dig it.

New to me:

The Gak Omek.
Scored a freebie 4 song EP by responding to a message baord posting and I'm totally digging it. It's fusiony instrumental stuff sort of like The Ozric Tentacles, but not as "world". The songs are all long, instrumental and kind of "march-like." Parade ground music for the martian army.

Gav_2000
06-10-2005, 03:47 AM
I've been listening to;

The Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy - This is their 2nd album and more complete than their 1st. I dug it out as it's almost summer in the UK and i wanted something cheery to listen to during the drive to work.

Also in the car are;

Elvis - Blues and Elvis - Rockabilly - There are so many Elvis compilation albums about that it's hard to know which to buy. I recently went for the 8 CD's that were released in 2000 when Elvis was voted artist of the century. There are also CD's covering his gospel, love and movie songs so at 20 tracks per CD that's 160 tracks in total which is more than enough Elvis for most people.

Dogs Die in Hot Cars - Please Describe Yourself - This is quite a recent purchase for me and I'm really impressed. The opening track 'Godhopping' and 'I love you cause I have to' are both incredibly catchy.

As usual that's all I've had chance to listen to this week.

On the radio I keep hearing a song by AKON called So Lonely that seems to have a chorus sung by some chipmunks. I was amazed to see last night on TV that AKON is a cool black guy, why does his have that weird chorus on his record?????

Snowbunny
06-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Sooo, just who had to sleep with the fishes so you could get a copy? :o

edit: I didn't mean it like that

Oh, you meant it in a good way?!?! Looks to me like you're either saying that I'm a mafia hit-woman or I have bad hygiene! :eek:

Geez Pat, you are smooooth! ;)

Snowflake

If this was Davey's post he would have deleted rather than edited. :D

Snowbunny
06-10-2005, 07:40 AM
So did I put something extra in your package? I tried to put an extra something in the packages but didn't have time to do them all. Man, for some reason this one took a lot of time to get out. Usually goes smoother, but still 17 packages is always a lot of work. Canada was really well represented on this one, which I guess is why it's a bit looney sounding, eh? Your bonus might've wound up with someone else, but the thought was there! Glad to here you like the Current Rotation Sampler (before Volume) comp ;)

Yes Davey, I did get a bonus disk but I wasn't sure if I should mention it here. I'm sure I don't need to spoonfeed you to get you to remember what it was. Thanks, you're a sweetiepie. :)

Snowbuns

Slosh
06-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh, you meant it in a good way?!?! Looks to me like you're either saying that I'm a mafia hit-woman or I have bad hygiene! :eek:

Geez Pat, you are smooooth! ;)

Snowflake

If this was Davey's post he would have deleted rather than edited. :DLucky I didn't say anything about getting whacked, eh? :)

Maybe I have foot-in-mouth disease

NP: "Kindling For The Master" - Stephen Malkmus

Slosh
06-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Huh? Is there a freshness date on it or something? Ya mean, if we don't buy it the first week we're smack out of luck? You indie hipster types...sheesh ;)You know what they say about if music were fruit . . .

MindGoneHaywire
06-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Reading that MGH is listening to (and enjoying) Van Halen is utterly incomprehensible. What's next J, Ted Nugent? LOL

And the Lion Tamer, getting into Keneally? Is the world spinning off it's axis?

Geez, I hope so.

Yes, I did have a Ted Nugent record at one time. I can't imagine having the desire to ever listen to anything he ever did, ever again.

Is it that surprising to you that I dug early VH? I listened to plenty of big rock stuff in the late 70s & early 80s. Much of it I'll be happy to never hear again. But the Diamond Dave-era VH always mostly sounded pretty good to me, along with other stuff from that era like Cheap Trick, Motorhead, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, early Black Sabbath & early Ozzy...I had a Motley Crue record and a Twisted Sister record & (later) a Slayer record & a Scorpions record & a Night Ranger record & a Zappa record & a Foghat record & a Deep Purple record & a Judas Priest record, but most of this is gladly forgotten, for the most part, along with the Styx records and the Kansas record & the Supertramp record &...I'm short on time to compile a list of bleccchhh like this. But all through the time when I listened to this stuff I vastly preferred the Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Who, and Led Zep. Then I discovered the Ramones...

I never had a Rush record or an Eagles record or an Aerosmith record. I didn't need 'em. I heard enough to know I just plain didn't like 'em. Actually I did have an Aerosmith greatest hits cassette. There's a tune here or there, though they were of course played to death 30 years ago already. But, geez...if those 3 don't comprise the absolute worst of the rock genre over the past 50 years, I don't know what does. I really don't.

If you have Diver Down buried somewhere in the twilight zone you inhabit, give 'Secrets' a spin. Now.

Jim Clark
06-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Geez, I hope so.

If you have Diver Down buried somewhere in the twilight zone you inhabit, give 'Secrets' a spin. Now.

I dug early VH too. The first two albums at least. Recently got a boot of their early stuff and was kinda liking the trip down Nostalgia Blvd. I was pretty much done by Dive Down though.

Don't know that I'd have the same feelings listening to Ted again, but there was a time.

And then I discovered Devo.

jc

radioblast
06-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Just stumbled across your forum. Seems like many of you have musical tastes similar to my own. Would it be possible to get a copy of the CRSV10 ? thanks. At the front of the CD drawer right now:
Ben Lee- awake is the new sleep ( just got it , no comment yet)
New Order- power,corruption,lies (80's classic ,the cd even inludes blue monday)
The Clash- from here to eternity live ( awesome live disc, great version of "capital radio" )
The Teardrop Explodes- Kilimanjaro ( nice sounding HDCD remaster of the original)
The Bravery- The Bravery ( punchy 80's replica, as is in vogue 2005. not bad)
Toots and the Maytals- Funky Kingston/In the Dark ( pressure drop along with j.denver's "country road)

Davey
06-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Just stumbled across your forum. Seems like many of you have musical tastes similar to my own. Would it be possible to get a copy of the CRSV10 ? thanks. At the front of the CD drawer right now:
Ben Lee- awake is the new sleep ( just got it , no comment yet)
New Order- power,corruption,lies (80's classic ,the cd even inludes blue monday)
The Clash- from here to eternity live ( awesome live disc, great version of "capital radio" )
The Teardrop Explodes- Kilimanjaro ( nice sounding HDCD remaster of the original)
The Bravery- The Bravery ( punchy 80's replica, as is in vogue 2005. not bad)
Toots and the Maytals- Funky Kingston/In the Dark ( pressure drop along with j.denver's "country road)
Hey radioblast, welcome to the board. Yeah, looks like you do have similar taste to many of us. I remember picking up one of Ben Lee's first albums released over here called Something to Remember Me By. I didn't know at first that he was so young. Guess only 17 or 18 for that one. And he was dating the very hot Claire Danes at the time. Seemed like the world was all his for the taking, but haven't heard much from him since. Lot of talent. Haven't pulled out that LP in ages. Is he very well known now?

Gotta agree with everything else on your list. They're all good stuff. One of my buddies here sent me a comp with some of the Bravery songs and they were much better than I was expecting. And another one sent me a copy of that Kilimanjaro CD because I told him I'd never heard it before. Careful what you ask for around here or you'll find your mailbox overflowing with goodies!

Just PM me with your address and I'll send you a copy of that CRSV10 compilation if no one else steps up and offers. I know there's at least a couple people that would gladly get rid of their copy if they haven't already :) I sent out about 18 of them but still have a couple copies sitting around. It's listed at my site which you can find in my profile, but looks like this....

Current Rotation Sampler Volume 10

1. Architecture In Helsinki - Do The Whirlwind (Jim Clark)
2. Valina - Ship To Escape (Davey)
3. Bloc Party - This Modern Love (Mike)
4. Rheostatics - The Tarleks (ForeverAutumn)
5. Spoon - The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine
6. Beck - Scarecrow (KEXPMF)
7. Mike Keneally + Metropole Orkest - Worrywart Spoonguy (Troy)
8. Modest Mouse - Bukowski (Snowbunny)
9. Andrew Bird - Skin Is, My
10. The Frames - Suffer In Silence (tentoze)
11. Mofro - The Wrong Side (DarrenH)
12. The Blue Van - I Want You (Finch Platte)
13. Secret Machines - Nowhere Again (Mr MidFi)
14. The Mars Volta - Umbilical Syllables (audiobill)
15. Bobby Bare Jr. - Strange Bird (Whooptee)
16. John Doe & Grant-Lee Phillips - Twin Brother (nobody)
17. John Doe & Neko Case - Hwy 5 (JDaniel)
18. Antelope - Wen Ho Lee (Ex Lion Tamer)
19. 13 & God - Perfect Speed (Slosh)
20. The Coach & Four - In Transit (Jar)