PolkAudio RTi4/PSW303 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PolkAudio RTi4/PSW303

Van Wilder
06-07-2005, 05:02 PM
I already have a 5.1 setup (Polk RM6700 and PSW303 Sub) and I want to buy a pair of stereo speakers for listening music.

I have an eye on the RTi4 from Polk, or maybe his bigger brother the RTi6 (RTi6 are a little too big for my taste). Polk website say that these speakers are timbre matched with my PSW303.

My question is, should I go with the RTi4 because they are timbre matched with my sub or just forget the timbre matching and go with another brand in the same price range?

Thank you

paul_pci
06-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Did anybody else's BS meter go off, or was it just mine. Dude, subs don't timbre match to the other speakers, as they are dedicated to the bottom range of the sound frequency. Just find the best sub that you can for your budget. As good subs are fairly expensive >$500, you may even with to save and wait.

oddeoowphil38
06-08-2005, 12:24 PM
I already have a 5.1 setup (Polk RM6700 and PSW303 Sub) and I want to buy a pair of stereo speakers for listening music.

I have an eye on the RTi4 from Polk, or maybe his bigger brother the RTi6 (RTi6 are a little too big for my taste). Polk website say that these speakers are timbre matched with my PSW303.

My question is, should I go with the RTi4 because they are timbre matched with my sub or just forget the timbre matching and go with another brand in the same price range?

Thank you
I agree will what paul is saying. Personally, I have heard both the Polk rti4 and the rti6 and did a direct comparison with the rti6 and a Paradigm mini monitor v.3. There was not much of a comparison because IMHO the mini was much much better. Dont take me wrong the polk wasn't bad just too bright and harsh in the upper ranges. Also, a bit too forward at times containing a tinny sound along some frequencies. The mini was a lot more balanced and had a bit tighter bass extension. The mini could be called a bit bright but not near as harsh as the rti6. Be sure to check Paradigm out as well as Ascend Acoustics and PSB. Hope this helps.