I need help on this [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I need help on this

Darcher84
01-01-2004, 12:51 PM
I can say I currently have the JBL S26 and the Alesis Point Seven monitors. I want to know which would be best for recording using them as mains. I noticed that the Alesis one didnt have that much bass compaired the JBL S26 but I highs are very sharp but then I noticed that somewhat the titanium tweeters on the JBL S26 are better in a way but I dont know which to use since some peep say that JBL are true best monitors and some say my Alesis one better.

This Guy
01-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Give them both extensive listeing. Pick the ones that sound the best givin a recording. Get a CD of some acoustic music and see which speakers play it the best,so that they give an impression that the band is playing right in front of you. Whatever speakers can do this best, will also be the best for studio monitors. Also, if you're going to use them for studio monitors, make sure they work well for nearfield playing because if I'm not mistakin, the speakers are rather close to you as the listener in a studio as opposed to a home stereo.

-Joey

Linda Farrow
08-14-2011, 10:34 AM
I was given a JVC dual cassette with recording,Sony dual CD with recording, a Onkyo Amplifier, a Teac EQ. How does it hook up and you are suppose to be able to record from the cassette to the CD. My father had it hooked up that way, but when they unhooked after he died they didn't remember how it was hooked up. Help me please. I have alot of cassettes to transfer to CD

JoeE SP9
08-20-2011, 09:43 AM
I was given a JVC dual cassette with recording,Sony dual CD with recording, a Onkyo Amplifier, a Teac EQ. How does it hook up and you are suppose to be able to record from the cassette to the CD. My father had it hooked up that way, but when they unhooked after he died they didn't remember how it was hooked up. Help me please. I have alot of cassettes to transfer to CD

Could you be more specific about the model numbers of your gear? If the Onkyo has dual tape monitors it would make things easier.

Hyfi
08-21-2011, 04:25 AM
I guess it's obvious that Darcher84 is another one of Spanky's multiple names.

I could tell by the first sentence since he has used the same wording before.