Take the $1000.00 challange [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Take the $1000.00 challange

JRH
06-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Need rec's for receiver/speaker package for a total price of a grand (1,500 max). This is for a buddy of mine. Not terribly into audio (but I'm working on it) and wants to go on the cheap. His room is approx 15x15. He would rather not buy pre-owned if possible. He is considering Cambridge (good?bad?). I showed him some Energy Encores at $1000, but I'm not a Theater guy and don't want to steer him wrong.
Thanks in advance, Jeff

PAT.P
06-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Need rec's for receiver/speaker package for a total price of a grand (1,500 max). This is for a buddy of mine. Not terribly into audio (but I'm working on it) and wants to go on the cheap. His room is approx 15x15. He would rather not buy pre-owned if possible. He is considering Cambridge (good?bad?). I showed him some Energy Encores at $1000, but I'm not a Theater guy and don't want to steer him wrong.
Thanks in advance, Jeff
Hi Jeff Energy as the ACT 6 also around 1000 CND ,their Encores is around 1500 CND,there also Dahlquist (new generation) Orbit 5.1 around 600 CND.Paradigm Cinema series($ dont know). The Cambridge azur 540 is $ 950 CNd better getting a yamaha or Denon . If he wants to go cheap get the Yamaha complete at Best Buy there always a sale .Pat.P

prash
06-08-2005, 04:48 PM
The Ascend acoustics 5.1 pkg with the HSU STF2 should leave about $400 for a reciever, that should be quite enuf for a kick-ass system.

www.ascendacoustics.com

-prashanth

Thanks in advance, Jeff