Son of "Recent Rentals" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Son of "Recent Rentals"

Worf101
06-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Been on a viewing binge (no jokes Smoke and Wooch) so here's me opinions on a few more movies...

1. "The Life Aquatic with Steve Sezuou"- B -. From the creators of "Rushmore" this film is another one of those "love hate" type flicks. The ole lady and stopped watching after 10 minutes I laughed and howled almost all the way through. Great casting, loved Wilhelm Defore and Murrary. Can be funny if you stick with it. In some ways a very loving tribute to Jacues Cousteau and the boys.

2. "In Good Company" - B-minus - A semi-romantic comedy with brains and smarts. Big-ups for the non-Hollywood ending. Best acting I've seen Quaid do in years... He took a role perfect for Harrison "da mumbler" Ford and did it better if you ask moi.

3. "The Boogeyman" - D - Scary shots and soundtrack strung together with absofrigginlutely NO STORY behind it. If you want goose pimples with no reasoning behind it, rent this.. but it was awuful.

4. "Assault on Preceint 13" - B Minus - Far better remake then I expected. Well cast and well acted. A completely different story line for John Carpenters, cult fave of 30 plus years ago. Fishburn proves he can still act when he wants to and Gabriel Byrne just oozes cold hearted cop malevolence as good cop gone bad.

Well, dese are the conditions that prevail.... Have fun, do good and see plenty of movies...

Da Worfster :D

eisforelectronic
06-07-2005, 01:39 PM
1. "The Life Aquatic with Steve Sezuou"- B -. From the creators of "Rushmore" this film is another one of those "love hate" type flicks. The ole lady and stopped watching after 10 minutes I laughed and howled almost all the way through. Great casting, loved Wilhelm Defore and Murrary. Can be funny if you stick with it. In some ways a very loving tribute to Jacues Cousteau and the boys.
Da Worfster :D

I loved the music...so "80's casio"

also I think it's Steve Zissou

http://lifeaquatic.movies.go.com/main.html