Heard of Baycrest speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Heard of Baycrest speakers?

junior6
06-06-2005, 12:24 AM
They appear to be from the Hudson Bay company(Canadian dept store - like Sears). I got a pair that are vintage... maybe 70s. It has 2 tweeters(2"), 1 midrange (5") and 1 woofer(12"). I will need to refoam the woofer. It appears to be built quite solid with wood veneer and tweeter and midrange settings. Has anyone had experience with this brand? I heard some vintage Sears equipment was quite decent. Someone else probably makes them for these big chains back then right?

Thanks

BC Dave
06-06-2005, 10:55 AM
I seem to recall reading that Andrew Marshall, who writes the Audio Ideas guide out of Ontario, was personally involved in designing certain speakers for The Bay. I think these may have been called the Plus series. You might do a search for his e-mail address and ask him.

junior6
06-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks BC Dave. I'm new to this stuff so I'm not familiar with the name Andrew Marshall. Yes, my pair of Baycrests are labelled 'Plus 9'. Is the Audio Ideas guide a paper? magazine? I'll try to find some info about him. Thanks!

junior6
06-06-2005, 08:42 PM
I've found the website for audio ideas already... thanks again! There seems to be almost no info on this brand on the Internet. :(