Help me finish this comp! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help me finish this comp!

Slosh
06-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Wanna play a game? Yesterday I started a comp but then some people came by and when I tried to pick it up again this morning I kinda lost track of where I wanted to go with it. I'm real happy with the first six songs and how they flow but am kinda curious to see what you guys suggest. Could be an interesting little experiment if I can get enough participation. So far:

01. Stephen Malkmus - No More Shoes
02. Spoon - I Turn My Camera On
03. 13 & God - Soft Atlas
04. The Album Leaf - Eastern Glow
05. Andrew Bird - The Naming Of Things
06. The Decemberists - Eli, The Barrow Boy
07. Super Furry Animals - Play It Cool (Don't like this here. May change it to "Demons" or not use SFA altogether)
08. Deconstruction - Wait For History (Not sure if I want any Deconstruction on this comp. May change it to "Single")
09. _____________________________
10. _____________________________
11. _____________________________
12. _____________________________
13. _____________________________
14. _____________________________
15. _____________________________
16. _____________________________
17. _____________________________
18. _____________________________
19. _____________________________
20. _____________________________

If I don't have the suggested song I'll see if I can find an mp3 of it. This ain't a real comp anyway ;)

newtrix1
06-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Wanna play a game? Yesterday I started a comp but then some people came by and when I tried to pick it up again this morning I kinda lost track of where I wanted to go with it. I'm real happy with the first six songs and how they flow but am kinda curious to see what you guys suggest. Could be an interesting little experiment if I can get enough participation. So far:

07. Super Furry Animals - Play It Cool (Don't like this here. May change it to "Demons" or not use SFA altogether)
08. Deconstruction - Wait For History (Not sure if I want any Deconstruction on this comp. May change it to "Single")

If I don't have the suggested song I'll see if I can find an mp3 of it. This ain't a real comp anyway ;)

I'm not familiar with any of the tunes you've got so far. Inparticular I'd have to know the last one you've got to come up with a follow up suggestion. Maybe if you can post a more "common" song for track 9, this will take off. :confused:

Did he say; "Common" song!? :eek:

Slosh
06-05-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm not familiar with any of the tunes you've got so far. Inparticular I'd have to know the last one you've got to come up with a follow up suggestion. Maybe if you can post a more "common" song for track 9, this will take off. Just pick a song or two that you like. Looks like if I keep bumping this thread I'll have enough songs to finish . . . . . by year's end (maybe) :)

Ex Lion Tamer
06-06-2005, 04:56 AM

I really like "Girl" from Beck's new album. I'm not familiar with many of the tunes you have so far, so I'm not sure if it fits at this particular point in your mix, but maybe you could find a spot for it somwhere.

-Jar-
06-06-2005, 05:30 AM

That's such a Sloshy comp so far. At least of the ones you've been doing for the past year or so.

So if Beck is 9, then you need track 10. It's been a while since I've seen a Soundgarden cut on one of your comps.. haha. Ok Audioslave maybe? Just kidding.

You should pick a track by Muse. Have you heard Muse? I think you'd like 'em. The track I'm fond of is "Stockholm Syndrome" but that might be too heavy and might not fit in. Check it out of you can. I'll have some other ideas later probably.

-jar

Stone
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM
I think Okkervil River's "For Real" should find its way on there somewhere.

Finch Platte
06-06-2005, 08:03 AM

...for a good Spoon song, like Sister Jack.

Then put a track from The Soundtrack Of Our Lives' Borderline, find an extended remix version of In-a-gadda-da-vida and call it good.

And then don't send me one. :rolleyes:

fp

newtrix1
06-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Just pick a song or two that you like. Looks like if I keep bumping this thread I'll have enough songs to finish . . . . . by year's end (maybe) :)

If we were doing a 'song of the day' thread today, I'd be going with "A Taste of Honey" by Patricia Barber. So have fun sequencing that into your sloshy comp!

Monkey Bones
06-06-2005, 09:23 AM
I'll go with one of my favorites from Luna's Pup Tent album, "Bobby Peru", which sounds very nice on vinyl...kind of an odd and quirky and sinister tale from Dean's disturbed mind...made an appearance on a odd and quirky and slightly sinister comp I made called Pirates and Mermaids.

I told lies to your family
Concerning your whereabouts
They feel so sorry for me
I invented jealous stories
My imagination ran wild
I made myself so angry
The night that you insulted me
I lay awake thinking
Clever things I could have said
My thoughts kept turning to Bobby Peru
How would he handle this one

'S' is for sorry for all that I did
Now is the time to turn it all around
I know what is the matter so why can't I fix it
Forgive me please

I had lunch with an old girlfriend
Who knows all my faults
And pretends to want to help
She said I really don't mind
Your keeping secrets from me
But please don't keep them from yourself
Murder is bad, and suicide is sad
Why would a girl like that put her head in the oven?
You have your theories, and I got one too
It's such a waste

Slosh
06-06-2005, 12:48 PM

07. Super Furry Animals - Demons
08. Beck - Girl Ex Lion Tamer
09. Okkervil River - For Real Stone (Just arrived today. Thanks!)
10. Luna - Bobby Peru Monkeymen
11. Soundgarden - Mood For Trouble Jar (Nice pick! ;) )
12. Muse - Stockholm Syndrome Jar
13. Patricia Barber - A Taste Of Honey newtrix 1 :confused: :confused:

Sorry Finch, gotta stick with "Camera" 'cause I was never in a drop D metal band.

Also got me some Rheostatics in the mail today (Thanks!) that I could work in once I get to know it or someone could give me a suggestion other than "It" (great song but it's already on CRSv3).

Hey, this thing is actually coming along :)

Davey
06-06-2005, 01:02 PM
10. Luna - Bobby Peru Monkeymen
Man, I miss ol' monkeymen. He was more fun than...well, I don't know, but he was kind of shy. Did we ever get him to reply to any of our queries? I think Snowbunny scared him away. Here's a classic from the archive :)

monkeymen classico (http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:ZE7BO8UuD3MJ:forums.audioreview.com/html/audio/10/0EF9382A.php&hl=en&lr=&strip=1)

Stone
06-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Spectacular Fantastic - "Winds of Change"

Stone
06-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Dungen - "Gjort Bort Sig"

Hell, if no one else is going to contribute, I will.

Finch Platte
06-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Dungen - "Gjort Bort Sig"

Hell, if no one else is going to contribute, I will.

Hey, I tried! But he shot me down! **** that guy!!

fp

-Jar-
06-06-2005, 05:53 PM
GvsB - "Disco 666"

newtrix1
06-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey, I tried! But he shot me down! **** that guy!!

fp

...a track off your new album? I know it doesn't come out until tomorrow, but you coulda sent us pals an advanced copy,http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg800/g808/g80896h3au9.jpg ya know! :mad:

Slosh
06-07-2005, 12:59 PM
07. Super Furry Animals - Demons
08. Beck - Girl
09. Okkervil River - For Real
10. Luna - Bobby Peru
11. Soundgarden - Mood For Trouble
12. Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
13. Girls Against Boys - Disco 666
14. Dungen - Gjort Bort Sig
15. Spectacular Fantastic - Winds Of Change (this better not be a Scorpions cover!)
16. The Breeders - Do You Love Me Now
17. The Dismemberment Plan - The Ice Of Boston (that's more like it, Rick! :cool: )
I'll worry about sequencing once I get to know the songs.

-Jar-
06-07-2005, 01:54 PM
The Breeders - "Do You Love Me Now?" from the SAFARI ep (superior to the version on LAST SPLASH)

Good luck.

:)

-jar

newtrix1
06-07-2005, 03:56 PM
I'll worry about sequencing once I get to know the songs.

ps - don't feel bad Finch, I'm done humoring Rick too :D

Dismemberment Plan: The Ice of Boston

c'mon this one's right up your alley! :p

Slosh
06-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Dismemberment Plan: The Ice of Boston

c'mon this one's right up your alley! :p :cool:

Finch Platte
06-07-2005, 07:02 PM
...a track off your new album? I know it doesn't come out until tomorrow, but you coulda sent us pals an advanced copy,http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg800/g808/g80896h3au9.jpg ya know! :mad:

...my advance copy was copy-protected. :rolleyes:

finch

newtrix1
06-08-2005, 02:16 AM
Maybe I can suggest a title:

"Mein Compf" by Slosh the comp Nazi..."No songs for you!" :rolleyes:

http://www.seinfeld-fan.net/pictures/episodes/the_soup_nazi/the_soup_nazi028.jpg

Slosh
06-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Maybe I can suggest a title:

"Mein Compf" by Slosh the comp Nazi..."No songs for you!" :rolleyes:
I did take one of your songs but I'll keep the Mein Kampfilation title in mind :rolleyes:

newtrix1
06-08-2005, 04:07 PM
I did take one of your songs but I'll keep the Mein Kampfilation title in mind :rolleyes:

I thought "bump" meant it was "bumped". I do like the "comp Nazi" moniker for you though ;)

Slosh
06-08-2005, 04:38 PM
I thought "bump" meant it was "bumped". I do like the "comp Nazi" moniker for you though ;)Bump as in bump this lame old thread back up to the top of the page. How long have you been using message boards now? :confused: :p