Any thoughts on Denon AVR 1905? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on Denon AVR 1905?

Adam01
06-02-2005, 04:03 PM
I have spent a boatload remodeling my house part of which is a new family room complete with a 42" Panny EDTV. Im a big audiophile in the 2 channel arena, but I cant afford a 5 channel power amp. Im looking at a Denon AVR. The one I can afford is the 1905. Does anyone have any thoughts on this model?
Also, Im planning to run my cable box and DVD player thru the AVR, then to the TV via high end component cable. Any thoughts on that scheme vs. running the video straight to the TV?
Thanks!

EdwardGein
06-02-2005, 05:41 PM
What is the cost of this model? Are you buying it new or old. You can get the Denon 3801 used in very good to excellent condition with a remote & instructions for anywhere from $385- $450 including shipping on Ebay as its usually listed a couple of times a week sometimes as Buy it Now items. Both my brother & I fully recommend it.

markw
06-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Both my brother & I fully recommend it....the worst case of schizophrenia I've ever come across.

nick4433
06-04-2005, 12:54 PM
...the worst case of schizophrenia I've ever come across.
Sorry I have been away from this site for quite some time but could you please explain the joke? Thanks.

nick250
06-04-2005, 01:59 PM
I have an older cousin, the 1602 which I bought new for about $350 I think, three years ago . I use it every day, it sounds great and I never have had any trouble with it.

Adam01
06-04-2005, 05:14 PM
I have an older cousin, the 1602 which I bought new for about $350 I think, three years ago . I use it every day, it sounds great and I never have had any trouble with it.

Yeah, if Im gonna buy a receiver, Denon is the first name that comes to mind. I cant wait. I still need to mount the plasma and buy a cabinet but Im almost there.

markw
06-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Sorry I have been away from this site for quite some time but could you please explain the joke? Thanks.Read it through. It all starts to come togetner around post 18 or so.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=11800

Amd, top be fair to the ooriginal poster, I love my Denon. IT's a 2801 buy think there's enough of the familial DNA present that I would recommend the 1905 without hesatition as long as it met my I/O considerations..

EdwardGein
06-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Excuse the redundency, as I said in the other thread, the idea that two brothers as close as we are, would have the same Orb Audio Speaker systems and Denon 3801 receivers, apparently seems suspicious to you. I bet you people thought OJ was guilty, too! :D :D :D :D

Adam01
06-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Read it through. It all starts to come togetner around post 18 or so.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=11800

Amd, top be fair to the ooriginal poster, I love my Denon. IT's a 2801 buy think there's enough of the familial DNA present that I would recommend the 1905 without hesatition as long as it met my I/O considerations..

Whats your opinion on running the digital cable and DVD thru the Denon then to the TV? This might be the easiest solution, but do I lost any video quality.

paul_pci
06-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Whats your opinion on running the digital cable and DVD thru the Denon then to the TV? This might be the easiest solution, but do I lost any video quality.

I run Direct TV and my DVD through my Yamaha (which is Japanes for "better than Denon") and there's no video quality problem and is awesomely convenient.

PAT.P
06-05-2005, 07:59 PM
I was looking at the Denon AVR 1905 and AVR 2105 ( this one as the auto setup and functon with microphone) The 2105 was going for 898.00 Cnd went to best buy was able to get the Yamaha HTR 5760 7.1 with YPAO acoustic customization for 399.00 (open box ) and for the price and feature Yamaha won me over.Pat.P

markw
06-06-2005, 03:35 AM
Whats your opinion on running the digital cable and DVD thru the Denon then to the TV? This might be the easiest solution, but do I lost any video quality.While I don't have digital cable (only lowly aanalog... too cheap), I run my DVd through the 2802 and don.t detect any signal degradation and I've tried it both ways.

actually,another reason I stick with analog cable is so that I can use the internal tumers in my 4 TV sets and 3 VCR's. Homey don't need more external converter boxes cluttering up his already cluttered home. ..and the iadditional wiring ,,,oy vey!

Oh, btw... before anyone tries to hang me on a misquote, I have a Denon 2802, not a 2801. Here's the big picture... http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/1606.html

Adam01
06-06-2005, 04:32 AM
While I don't have digital cable (only lowly aanalog... too cheap), I run my DVd through the 2802 and don.t detect any signal degradation and I've tried it both ways.

actually,another reason I stick with analog cable is so that I can use the internal tumers in my 4 TV sets and 3 VCR's. Homey don't need more external converter boxes cluttering up his already cluttered home. ..and the iadditional wiring ,,,oy vey!

Oh, btw... before anyone tries to hang me on a misquote, I have a Denon 2802, not a 2801. Here's the big picture... http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/1606.html

How do you like your NAD stuff? I have a NAD 216 with the 114 pre amp. Love the clean, accurate power of the 216. I just added the Rotel 1072 player and not long ago picked up a pair of Mission 783s. I would HIGHLY recommend any of these components to someone looking for some nice mid level hi fi equiptment.

markw
06-06-2005, 02:11 PM
How do you like your NAD stuff? I have a NAD 216 with the 114 pre amp. Love the clean, accurate power of the 216. I just added the Rotel 1072 player and not long ago picked up a pair of Mission 783s. I would HIGHLY recommend any of these components to someone looking for some nice mid level hi fi equiptment.They take a lickin' and it's still tickin'.

The 214 was adequate for the MMG's I initially had but in no way it was up to the maggie If it had presented itself. I would have gone with a 218 instead of the Rotel 991 but, finances and circumstances being what they were then (2000), the Rotel made itself available as a local dealer demo for a great price and guarantee.