Recent Rentals... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recent Rentals...

Worf101
06-02-2005, 06:44 AM
Been movifying again... here you go...

1. "The Aviator" - B - Solid movie, learned a lot about Hughes I didn't know. Not as good a biopic as "Ray" but right up there. Spy plane crash seen was one of the most harrowing sequences I've seen in film in a long long time. Still couldn't buy DiCrapio as the older Hughes, sorry...

2. "House of Flying Daggers" - B - Went to see a Kung Fu flick and a "love story" broke out. Some amazing shots and scenes. Some of the finest sword and wire work I've ever seen. Love story so good it had her crying her eyes out...Longer Death scene than Cagney in "Roaring Twenties".

3. "White Noise" - C - Kinda like "Frequency" meets "The Ring". An alright movie with a few chills in it but not on the level of that recent masterpiece. Keaton does a better job then in other recent outings so I give him a break.

4. "Dark Blue World" - B-Minus - Czech film about ex-pats flying for the British against the German Blitz. Typical love triangle in wartime. What elevated this above "Pearl" was the attention to detail about the planes, the men the history that that filmed lacked.

That's all for today....

Be good, do good and have fun at da movies...

Da Worfster :cool:

kexodusc
06-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks Worfster...you've given me 3 rental ideas for the weekend. I find DiCrapio really can act, but dammit, he's such a goof off the screen...and I'll never be able to get past Gilbert Grapes and "The Basketball Diaries" (great movie btw). His looks don't help any though, being pretty and all. I have about as hard a time believing him as an old man (Catch Me If You Can) as I do believing Ben Affleck can be a an a$$-kicker.

eisforelectronic
06-02-2005, 08:38 PM
I really liked "House of Flying Daggers", a beautiful movie I thought.

"White Noise" freaked me out a little bit.