Anthony1701
06-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi
Is there a significant diference in sound quality among these
two A/V receivers.
TIA

bjornb17
06-01-2005, 04:10 PM
i dont know anything about the technics so i wont act like i do, but i have the HK AVR130, and i cant imagine that you can beat it for the money. make sure to look at the ebay bids from the harman audio store, they usually go for around $150-$170. If you'd rather not bid or if you want to buy it right away, you can get it for $197 here:

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=AVR%20130-Z

don't worry about the 'remanufactured' label. All of my remanufactured equipment from HK has been like-new.

Breezer88888
06-01-2005, 07:23 PM
I agree with Bjorn's idea of looking up Harman in eBay. I've had very good experiences with Harman's refurbished Infinity speakers. And their service department is as professional as they come - which is a big plus because I had to return a subwoofer that weight over 40 lbs. I think the HK is also a better quality build than Technics. Definitely a better brand and is likely to have better sound quality, although without all the bogus bells & whistles that you don't need. Don't know if the HK is a "high current" model, but if it is, you will be pleased.
Good luck,
Breezer

bjornb17
06-01-2005, 09:22 PM
it indeed is a high current model :) +-25 amps :)

kexodusc
06-02-2005, 03:55 AM
Don't put too much faith into the "high-current" marketing that some of these amp manufacturers feed us. It is extremely unlikely the H/K receivers would exceed 10 amps or so in their real operation.

That said, with all respect to Technics, H/K is just a whole other beast altogether...I'd feel much more comfortable recommending H/K over Technics.