Time for speaker upgrades... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Time for speaker upgrades...

Curtis
05-31-2005, 06:12 AM
I need a new set of floorstanding speakers for around $600. I could go a bit more if I need too. What are the best choices?

RGA
05-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Best choices depends on what you like...you don;t need any of us to recommend stuff -- you can decide on your own -- take the time to read the following article -- granted it is by an audio manufacturer but it is simply a way to audition speakers -- no experience or self-proclaimed golden ear necessary. It does take some time and effort do what they propose but I assume if you bothered to post here that you are willing to put some time in listening - otherwise you would have purchased at Best Buy or worse bought magazines.

http://www.audionote.co.uk/anp1.htm

matt39
05-31-2005, 02:35 PM
Is Athena Technologies AS-F2 or F1 but they're getting a little hard to find. In my area it looks like Best Buy is no longer stocking them. Three possibilities in the 600-700 range are: 1) Boston Acoustics VR1; 2) Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3; 3) Infinity Primus 360. I've heard the first two and they're solid speakers while the Infinity has received some good reviews. I'm sure there are others but these are the three that come immediately to my mind. There are others out there. I suggest patience and do a lot of auditioning. Good luck.