Low-end system interconnects?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Low-end system interconnects??

Curtis
05-30-2005, 05:41 PM
If I have a low-end system (Onkyo TX-8511 receiver, Onkyo c390 CD changer, and Sony MF550H speakers) do I need to worry about purchasing decent interconnects between the CD changer and receiver, or am I fine with the average cables that come pre-packaged?

psonic
05-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Radio Shack gold or something like that, around < $20 should do fine for that system. I used Rat Shack gold until recently and the sound is quite nice for the money. Inexpensive monster cable or AR (acoustic research) will do well also.

Also if you don't mind spending $25-35, Magwires are excellent, I use them now. They are hand made, the build quality is wayyyyy above the price. I got a set of the nakeds, they are very nice sounding.

http://www.magwires.com/

Tony_Montana
05-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Do I need to worry about purchasing decent interconnects between the CD changer and receiver, or am I fine with the average cables that come pre-packaged?

Yes, you have to worry :)

Most pre-packaged cables with components is not up to par and should be discarded (even for cheap systems). As it was mentioned, RS gold cables are good quality-so as AR cable from Bestbuy.