Can only use 2CH get tops and clicks from speakers when using multi-channel, Any idea [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can only use 2CH get tops and clicks from speakers when using multi-channel, Any idea

ed mam
05-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I just set up my system:
Sony STR-DA3000 Digital receiver
paradigm CC350 CENTER speaker
paradigm 40'S front
paradigm 10 sUB
paradigm atoms rears

Toshiba DVD
nad CD player
nak tape deck

I can't get the amp to go in to multiply channel, digital, dts, hell the only sound I'm getting is from two channel. However, when I put a DVD in during the intro before you press play and you have the elevator music it goes into the digital for a few seconds then when you press play for the movie the sound distorts and sub pounds which sounds like a constant thunderstorm the rears scratching and popping and clicking.

At this point I think I'm going to bring the amp back and have it bench tested however due to my limited hand dexterity this is a big deal so I would like to get this problem resolved without having to have someone disconnect everything and screws something else up.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions hell guesses I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks for reading this,

N. Abstentia
05-29-2005, 09:59 PM
First of all, how are you connecting the digital output of the DVD player to the reciever?

ed mam
05-30-2005, 09:07 AM
First of all, how are you connecting the digital output of the DVD player to the reciever?

it is connected to sony a/v reciver DVD COAIXIAL IN, as told by manual.

N. Abstentia
05-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Next check that the DVD input is mapped to that coaxial digital input, and make sure it's set to auto detect the signal.

Also, make sure you're actually sending a 5.1 signal from your DVD player. Go to through the menu settings and verify that you are choosing the 5.1 track.

ed mam
05-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Next check that the DVD input is mapped to that coaxial digital input, and make sure it's set to auto detect the signal.

Also, make sure you're actually sending a 5.1 signal from your DVD player. Go to through the menu settings and verify that you are choosing the 5.1 track.

Yes, it is set up that way. I am going to return the receiver, since it is a 30 day return no questions asked, Tweeters, get a new one, and see if I get the same problem.
They want me to get a technician to set it but this way seems more expeditious.
Thanks your help is much appreciated.