LP baggies [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : LP baggies

Kaboom
05-29-2005, 08:08 AM
So there is this one vinylfest at the moment here in madrid and i visited it yesterday (stupid enough to take only about 60 bux with me) and i bought a pack of 100 poly outer sleeves to protect my long-sought records.
Now i got home and i was surprised to see that they are EXTREMELY loose fitting, with well over half an inch of extra space at the top (when the jacket's touching the bottom). I dont really have a problem with this, but it got me wondering. Is it best to have looser or snugger jackets?
most of the ones i've used before fit just over most records, without stragling them, but MFSL releases used to come with quite loose baggies didnt they?
I was just wondering if loose bags would cause abrassion to the cover because they allow the jackets to move inside them and rub against the plastic.
Cheers!

Jimmy C
05-29-2005, 11:51 AM
...TOO much about this paltry dilemma...

If the plastic bags were THAT tight, you would probably be abrading the covers just trying to snug them in everytime! Also, room has to be left for double (and triple) LPs.

Most outer jacket wear is from jamming them into a bookcase (whatever) too tightly.

And yes, record stores can soak up a lot of dinero, even at LP pricing.