Clicking and popping sounds from speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Clicking and popping sounds from speakers?

ed mam
05-28-2005, 06:43 PM
undefined
I[B]hi, I just set up my Sony STR-DA3000ES tonight and I'm driving myself nUTS because I am getting a clicking and popping noise from the speakers when I play a DVD or put input to TV or SAT. Even the CD is not a clean sound.
I checked the wires, they seem secure however I'm wondering if the polarity is off if this would cause the speakers to pop & click.
Also, my DVD won't go into DTS or any digital sound it does for a moment and then kicks out.
I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas you may have since I'm ready to put a bat to it!\
thanks very much I really appreciate it.
Ed

E-Stat
05-28-2005, 06:59 PM
I checked the wires, they seem secure however I'm wondering if the polarity is off if this would cause the speakers to pop & click.
Mismatched polarity will just make it sound hollow and reversed polarity may or may not be audible at all. My first guess is that you have an intermittent short in one of your cables, perhaps with an interconnect where it is not visibly obvious.

Patience is virtue. Good luck !

rw

bjornb17
05-28-2005, 07:21 PM
my suggestion would be to disconnect everything and reconnect it all again and hope it works out :)

Astro
05-28-2005, 11:45 PM
id say that your dvd player or your amp is shot if it is going into dts for a second then cutting out.

ed mam
05-29-2005, 07:07 AM
undefined
I[B]hi, I just set up my Sony STR-DA3000ES tonight and I'm driving myself nUTS because I am getting a clicking and popping noise from the speakers when I play a DVD or put input to TV or SAT. Even the CD is not a clean sound.
Also, my DVD won't go into DTS or any digital sound it does for a moment and then kicks out.
I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas you may have since I'm ready to put a bat to it!\
thanks very much I really appreciate it.
Ed

Part 2-
I watched the Formula One race this morning and everything was working fine, this is connected to my satellite. When I switched over to TV mode the static was horrible on the speakers however after a soft boot the sound was fine except instead of multi-channel all I could get was to channel this is really irritating and aggravating. Help! :o