I have a five year old cheap Sony DVD is there going to be a big change? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I have a five year old cheap Sony DVD is there going to be a big change?

Msnowdon
05-28-2005, 04:30 PM
If I got to say a Denon 3910?

Michael

N. Abstentia
05-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Probably not. What's wrong with your existing player that you need to change?

Eric Z
05-29-2005, 08:37 AM
i have a older sony (my first dvd player) that is about 6 years old. i bought a new yamaha to see if there would be any difference. the biggest difference for me was the new yamaha played all formats and my older sony didn't. i actually like the older sony because it seems like it is better built- the controls seem seem more solid and it is very user friendly. the newer dvd players (especially the more inexpensive ones) seem so darn flimsy. if you can, i recommend picking up that denon or a similar quality player and test it out in your home to see if there's a beneficial improvement. it might be a bit better, but not worth the money.

good luck!

AVMASTER
05-29-2005, 08:53 AM
well it really depends on the type of display device and your current audio system; having said that --what gear do you have?????????

Msnowdon
05-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Sony 36" XBR TV
Denon 4803 AVR
NHT VT-2 with there sub and four suround speakers.

Michael

AVMASTER
05-31-2005, 02:18 PM
no advantage on the video and maybe you can use multi-channel audio. Your best bet would be one of Denons' lesser models with a good chipset