Happy New Year! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

ForeverAutumn
12-31-2003, 08:29 AM
So, what exciting plans does everyone have for this evening?

We're heading up north (about an hour's drive) to a friends house. It'll be just my hubby and I, our two friend's, their 2.5-yr-old daughter and his 20-yr-old son ( :eek: ).

It'll be a nice quiet evening of good company, good music, and some Trivial Pursuit. Lots of food and a few too many drinks and then a dip in their hot tub. We'll spend the night there and then get up tomorrow and make a huge breakfast together before Hubby and I head home to finish up some home renovations on New Years Day.

I hope that everyone has a safe and happy night wherever you are. And I wish everyone a fantastic 2004 filled with with love and laughter and, of course, great tunes!

Cheers to you all!
FA

JDaniel
12-31-2003, 09:02 AM
Nothing fancy, but we'll probably for the first time ever let our sons stay up until midnight with us. They tried last year, but couldn't make it. I'll probably get some sparkling grape juice to substitute for the champagne.

And since we live in the redneck south, we'll probably shoot off some fireworks.

JD

Swish
12-31-2003, 01:42 PM
that serves "Northern Italian" cuisine, and they are excellent to say the least. We have a table for 10 and the second seating at 9 PM tonight. Cocktails and tunes at my place first, then dinner, then back to my place for more fun and frivolity.

We did the same dinner thing last year and it was amazing. They let you choose from a scaled-down menu for each course. For Antipasti I will have the jumbo lump crab cake with French beans, grainy mustard aioli and red onion vinaigrette, for Primi I will havbe the lobster risotto with butternut squash, pinenuts and pea shoots, for Secondi I will have the Barolo Braised Short Ribs with glazed carrots, mashed potatoes, portabellas, and horseradish sauce. For Dolci I will have the Chocolate Semifreddo, and yes, I have the menu right in front of me. Are you hungry yet?

Anyway, it will be a great time with my best friends, and I can't wait! I hope everyone has a great time regardless of your plans.

Happy New Year!
Swish

Jim Clark
12-31-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey thanks and that goes double for you. We are going out for some dinner-early and not nearly as fancy as Swishie's but it'll be great and probably feature copious amounts of BBQ sauce.

Then, well, that's pretty much it. Grabbed a stack of DVD's and some Bubbly and Sparkling grape juice so we should all be set for our Clark family New Years Extravaganza.

Be safe out there everyone-there's some idiots out on the road.

jc

tentoze
12-31-2003, 03:54 PM
Looks like a (rare for me) night out with The Evil Twins at a local Irish bar listening to live Celtic tunes............

A safe and prosperous New Ear to all......

et

Swish
12-31-2003, 04:03 PM
Looks like a (rare for me) night out with The Evil Twins at a local Irish bar listening to live Celtic tunes............

A safe and prosperous New Ear to all......

et

Inquiring minds want to know!

Curious Swish

tentoze
12-31-2003, 06:38 PM
Inquiring minds want to know!

Curious Swish

That would be Unklebob and his twin brother, just gone 21 a few weeks ago. My head is already hurting in anticipation of overindulgence.............

;)

dld
01-01-2004, 12:03 AM
We went to a French restaurant with friends and had a killer meal and a ****load of wine and champagne, brought New Years in at a nice laid back party, drank a potfull of coffee and now its freekin 2:00AM and I'm not anywhere near sleep. So Y'all all haver a grat New Years and listen to a lotsa good music. Hope everone made/makes it hoem ok. Cheers, DD

Swish
01-01-2004, 08:57 AM
We went to a French restaurant with friends and had a killer meal and a ****load of wine and champagne, brought New Years in at a nice laid back party, drank a potfull of coffee and now its freekin 2:00AM and I'm not anywhere near sleep. So Y'all all haver a grat New Years and listen to a lotsa good music. Hope everone made/makes it hoem ok. Cheers, DD

I guess you did have a ****load of wine and champagne! :D We got "hoem" at about 2:30 this AM after a great meal, a ****load of wine and some beer. We crashed a friend's very small party on the way home from the restaurant and played a bunch of great tunes and drank some of his crappy lite beer. I can't believe I never bought the newest from My Morning Jacket called "It Still Moves". I have "At Dawn" which I really like, but this one is very different and draws on a number of influences. The first track has the Beach Boys written all over it for instance. Well, to make a long story short, I don't need to buy it now as I've "borrowed" it along with "Decoration Day" by the Drive by Truckers. I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet, but I'll be spinning it later today.

Happy New Year!

Swish

Swish
01-01-2004, 09:04 AM
That would be Unklebob and his twin brother, just gone 21 a few weeks ago. My head is already hurting in anticipation of overindulgence.............

;)

That's another name for Blackjack, isn't it? I hope you boys didn't go too far overboard last night. I have a slight hangover myself, but booze really doesn't hurt me so much these days unless I hit the hard stuff. I usually stick to beer and/or red wine, and I'm able to maintain a nice buzz without making myself regret it the next day ;) .

Cheers!
Swish

tentoze
01-01-2004, 10:00 AM
That's another name for Blackjack, isn't it? I hope you boys didn't go too far overboard last night. I have a slight hangover myself, but booze really doesn't hurt me so much these days unless I hit the hard stuff. I usually stick to beer and/or red wine, and I'm able to maintain a nice buzz without making myself regret it the next day ;) .

Cheers!
Swish

Turns out I was swamped by a headache- the young 'uns went out and partied; I had about 3 beers and went to bed. "If I'da knowed I was gonna live this long, I'da taken better care of myself."

:p