Porky Tree Pics [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Porky Tree Pics

Ancient Progger
05-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Old member here, lost password with new IS provider, but thought there may still be PT fans on board. Went to the Toronto May, 24th concert which was absolutely brilliant!! with a capital B
The band were in great spirits despite the fact that they left all their merchandise in Grand Rapids the night before.Nothing to buy except T shirts
My buddy and I were probably the oldest at the show ( we are in our 50s) but that didn't stop us from partying with the band afterwards.
The band came into the pub across from the venue and spent an hour with us, great guys.
What a show!!

Cheers

Ancient Progger
05-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Sorry but if someone can tell me how to post pics on here i will

Troy
05-26-2005, 03:38 PM
"bracket IMG bracket" before the url to the pic and "bracket /IMG bracket" after it.

Do that for each pic.

What was your old handle here? I've been in this joint so damn long I must know who you are.

ForeverAutumn
05-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Sorry but if someone can tell me how to post pics on here i will

Can't help you on the pics thing, but I sure hope that some here can, 'cause I want to see them! I was supposed to be at that show in Toronto but a last minute work obligation kept me from going. BarryL was also supposed to be there, but ended up not going either.

So...how many people were there? Have you seen them in Toronto before (we've seen them twice here)? Do you live here? So many questions....

What a cool thing to be able to party with them after the show. Damn, I wish that I'd been there. Although I probably would have missed them at the pub. The show would have ended way past my bedtime.

:)

Ancient Progger
05-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Troy, how are you buddy! my old handle was BillyG.
I remeber you as a very knowledgeable poster and a true music lover.
Thanks for the info on posting pics, i wll try and figure it out, i have them saved as jpegs.

FA i estimate about 500 people there although it was my first time at the Mod Club so i do not know the capacity, but the club was jammed.
My wife and i and another couple we went with had great balcony seats.
I have seen them 3 times and they never fail to amaze me.
I live in Whitby approx 60 km from downtown T.O.
We had a designated driver so we really tied one on, for old farts that is!!
Cheers

ForeverAutumn
05-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Troy, how are you buddy! my old handle was BillyG.
I remeber you as a very knowledgeable poster and a true music lover.
Thanks for the info on posting pics, i wll try and figure it out, i have them saved as jpegs.

FA i estimate about 500 people there although it was my first time at the Mod Club so i do not know the capacity, but the club was jammed.
My wife and i and another couple we went with had great balcony seats.
I have seen them 3 times and they never fail to amaze me.
I live in Whitby approx 60 km from downtown T.O.
We had a designated driver so we really tied one on, for old farts that is!!
Cheers

Wow! 500. The first time I saw PT was at Club 279 about two years ago. I suspect that you were probably at that show too. Not even close to 500 that night. The second time was last summer at the Danforth Music Hall. Hard to say how many PT fans were there since they played with Opeth and there seemed to be more Opeth fans than PT (judging by the audience's attire).

I know Whitby well. I'm in Thornhill. Just north of TO. I hope that you'll stick around Mr. Progger. We need more Canadians and more proggers around here. It's great when you can get two for one! ;)

Ancient Progger
05-26-2005, 04:16 PM
FA i saw both those shows also, at club 279 and with Opeth at Danforth MH.
I actualy grabbed my wife and dragged her in for the sound check at Danforth until a big English Minder asked me to leave about 10 minutes into that impromptu little escapade, we went next door to Allens pub and someone inside the Music Hall opened the side door which was 3 feet away from me, so I drank Guiness on the patio while SW worked his way through Gravity Eyelids.
So we had a private little show before the show.
The Pics from the Mod Club are not live performance pics it just my buddy and i enjoying a bit of a piss up with SW and the boys.
I Will still try and post them

Cheers