Deadliest Catch [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch

Duds
05-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Wondering if anyone watched the show on the Discovery Channel called the "Deadliest Catch." It's a great reality show about crabfisherman in Alaska, and does an excellent job of showing the viewer just how dangerous this job really is. In fact, 5 men on a boat in the fleet they were following died when their boat capsized. If you are interested in it, it is on Tuesday nights at 9:00 PM EST. They show the previous episode at 8:00 PM.

dean_martin
05-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Wondering if anyone watched the show on the Discovery Channel called the "Deadliest Catch." It's a great reality show about crabfisherman in Alaska, and does an excellent job of showing the viewer just how dangerous this job really is. In fact, 5 men on a boat in the fleet they were following died when their boat capsized. If you are interested in it, it is on Tuesday nights at 9:00 PM EST. They show the previous episode at 8:00 PM.

I was able to catch 2 episodes last season. It was intense - saw a boat capsize and a helicopter rescue. Do you know whether the episodes airing now are new?

paul_pci
05-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I've seen it a couple of time. It's based on a documentary that Disc. ran called Deadliest Job, I think. It was so cool and they reran it a lot that my guess is they decided to do a show on it. Totally hardcore.

trollgirl
05-26-2005, 05:14 PM
...it pays very well.

Laz

Duds
05-27-2005, 04:35 AM
The first part of the new shows focused on the King crab season, and the shows now are following a fleet who are fishing for Opelio (sp?) crab.

I was able to catch 2 episodes last season. It was intense - saw a boat capsize and a helicopter rescue. Do you know whether the episodes airing now are new?

Duds
05-27-2005, 04:36 AM
they catch crab!!!! The first few shows when they were fishing for King crab, the crew on the boat that caught the most crab each got like $15,000. That's a LOT of money considering the King crab season was only for a total of 80 hours!!!

...it pays very well.

Laz