Star Wars - Revenge Of The Slith! - A Review! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars - Revenge Of The Slith! - A Review!

Snowbunny
05-24-2005, 05:00 PM
PSYCH! ;)

What's the status of the latest CRV? Did I make the cut? Do I have to beg somebuddy for a copy?

Anybody think that Modest Mouse - Good News is their best album ever???

Snowbuns

when the ocean met the sky.
You missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye.
When the earth folded on itself.
And said "Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell
are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath."
You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?
You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

The ocean breathes salty, won't you carry it in?
In your head, in your mouth, in your soul.
The more we move ahead the more we're stuck in rewind.
Well I don't mind. I don't mind. How the hell could I mind?

Well that is that and this is this.
You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get.
You get away from me. You get away from me.

Well that is that and this is this.
Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed,

when the ocean met the sky.
You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste the afterlife?

from Ocean Breathes Salty

Ex Lion Tamer
05-24-2005, 05:32 PM
I like it a lot, but not as much as The Moon and Antarctica, but with it's almost guaranteed that the first album I own by an artist is my favorite by that artist. Must be some kinda Freudian thing or something.

Have you seen them live? Saw them in MTL last year and they were great, no sign of the unbridled drunkenness that Isaac Brock is famous for. They're coming back next month and I just may make the roadie, Wilco's playing just a couple days later, may have to make it an extended visit.

Davey
05-24-2005, 05:52 PM
CRSV10 - Revenge of the Monkey! should be in the aeroplane over the sea by tomorrow. What, you say you're only a couple mountains away? OK, got me, but over the sea is where I wanna be. Don't click below if you like surprises, but if ya wanna beg....

Revenge of the Monkey! (http://members.mailaka.net/davey/comps.htm#CRSV10)

Stone
05-25-2005, 06:37 AM
Anybody think that Modest Mouse - Good News is their best album ever???

No (unless you do, then Yes).

Seriously, I do like it, but it for me it doesn't come close to Lonesome Crowded West or The Moon & Antarctica. "Bury Me With It" does it for me for some reason, though.

Well fads they come and fads they go.
And God I love that rock and roll!

Swish
05-25-2005, 08:36 AM
CRSV10 - Revenge of the Monkey! should be in the aeroplane over the sea by tomorrow. What, you say you're only a couple mountains away? OK, got me, but over the sea is where I wanna be. Don't click below if you like surprises, but if ya wanna beg....

if you don't mind sending me a copy. I know I've been out 'o the loop on some of this stuff, but I will be back in the swing 'o things in the near future.

Need my addy???

Swish Baby

Davey
05-25-2005, 09:33 AM
if you don't mind sending me a copy. I know I've been out 'o the loop on some of this stuff, but I will be back in the swing 'o things in the near future.
I'm sending out the first wave of 17 copies to all the people involved, and then one or some of them can do the second wave. I just saw that Sloshy offered to send out some copies in another thread so I'll make a post about it later and anyone that wants a copy can request it then. But I'll make sure you get a copy some way, Swish Baby! It's a fun comp with lots of potential for bone shakin'. Been playing it a bunch o times. Not perfect, and no one will like it all, but fortunately my fellow RR crew didn't let me down. Some very cool tunes here. Couldn't hope to present them all in the best possible way, and I apologize in advance to those disappointed with where their songs wound up in the mix, but I generally like the way it turned out, and you can always just put it on random play if you don't like the sequence! :)

Mr MidFi
05-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Color me...intrigued. Thanks for handling the thankless task of curating this beast, Davey. As for the sequencing, well, there's no place I'd rather be than lucky track #13!

Slosh
05-25-2005, 12:30 PM
I changed my mind. I want to use a track off of the new Stephen Malkmus album instead. :p

Jim Clark
05-25-2005, 01:11 PM
I'd go for a track off the Maria Taylor 11:11 album.

whatz ya gunna do?

jc

Troy
05-25-2005, 02:48 PM
My contribution is sure to induce migraines.

Jim Clark
05-25-2005, 03:38 PM
My contribution is sure to induce migraines.

Yeah, probably (smilie), but it just wouldn't be a good reflection of your involvement without an m/k selection.

jc

ForeverAutumn
05-25-2005, 05:00 PM

Looks good Davey. A few songs listed that I can't wait to hear. And nice choice on that Rheostatics tune ;) . Let's hope that Revenge of the Monkey! makes it to me a lot faster than my last package made it to you. :(

Swish
05-25-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm sending out the first wave of 17 copies to all the people involved, and then one or some of them can do the second wave. I just saw that Sloshy offered to send out some copies in another thread so I'll make a post about it later and anyone that wants a copy can request it then. But I'll make sure you get a copy some way, Swish Baby! It's a fun comp with lots of potential for bone shakin'. Been playing it a bunch o times. Not perfect, and no one will like it all, but fortunately my fellow RR crew didn't let me down. Some very cool tunes here. Couldn't hope to present them all in the best possible way, and I apologize in advance to those disappointed with where their songs wound up in the mix, but I generally like the way it turned out, and you can always just put it on random play if you don't like the sequence! :)

you're not so bad after all! Hey, I'd be happy to copy and distribute too if anyone needs my help at this late juncture. I have some of the tunes already, but I'm intrigued by many of those I don't have.

Grassy A<a>ss,

Swish

NP: Spoon - Gimme Fiction

Snowbunny
06-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey, Mr. Maffable!

Comment allez vous? I agree with you on Moon and Anarctica. One of my favourite albums by any artist.

I did see MM at an outdoor concert at the Plaza of Nations a couple years ago when they played with Flaming Lips, Liz Phair, Starlight Mints and maybe someone else? It must have been during Brock's drunk-on-stage stage. But, even though the band was off, and Brock was screaming his vocals, the crowd was very enthusiastic.

Of course, they were the last band to play, and they were in Vancouver, and based on the contact high I got standing at the front, its no wonder there were no complaints from the fans. :cool:

Wilco put on the best live show I have ever seen. Hands down. They love performing and seem to appreciate and respect their audience. And Jeff Tweedy is really witty!

Snowbuns