Ragpickers Dream by Knopfler [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ragpickers Dream by Knopfler

3db
05-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Anyone famaliar with that album and English history.. The 1st song of that album "Way Uh " or "Way ???" something or another eludes to English people going over to Germany for work. Now was this a real life occurcance or is this just a made up story for the song? I'm just curious....

BTW, IMO this album totally blows the doors off his "Sailing To Philadelphia" album.

J*E*Cole
05-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Anyone famaliar with that album and English history.. The 1st song of that album "Way Uh " or "Way ???" something or another eludes to English people going over to Germany for work. Now was this a real life occurcance or is this just a made up story for the song? I'm just curious....

BTW, IMO this album totally blows the doors off his "Sailing To Philadelphia" album.

Ragpickers Dream is the one Knopfler I do not own, but STP is one of my all time favorites, so on your comment, I'm gonna give Ragpicker a try. If that song you're talking about is like most of his stuff, it's probably true. He writes about some of the most interesting if not obscure topics out there, but they are always well done. You might like his latest, "Shangri-La", it has a host of obscure topics like my favorite one on it called "Boom, Like That" about the lifestory of McDonald's legend Ray Kroc. There is also one about a drug deal gone very bad somehow combined with the the perils of coal mining. The last track on the disc called "Don't Crash the Ambulance" alludes to a motorcycle wreck he suffered in 2003 or 2004, and is quite humerous but thought provoking as well. As A bonus, all of his recordings are top notch and sound great, you can really crank them up with no distortion.

Good listening...

topspeed
05-26-2005, 08:40 AM
try Rave Recs.