First post here...TV connectivity question? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : First post here...TV connectivity question?

rideit
05-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I have an eight year old GE TV, and for some reason, it will only accept signal from coax cable. it simply will not process from s-video or the three RCA jacks. I do not currently have a manual for it. I am tring to put in a 4-way splitter/device box (SAT, DVD, VIDEO,game), but it won't work without s-vid or rca. Conversely, I tried to run everything through my Sony DE 945, but I am having the same problem...the reciever won't process signal from S-vid or RCA from the sat. reciever, and wont send it to the TV. I admit, i am a newb, so any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

dean_martin
05-24-2005, 12:28 PM
I have an eight year old GE TV, and for some reason, it will only accept signal from coax cable. it simply will not process from s-video or the three RCA jacks. I do not currently have a manual for it. I am tring to put in a 4-way splitter/device box (SAT, DVD, VIDEO,game), but it won't work without s-vid or rca. Conversely, I tried to run everything through my Sony DE 945, but I am having the same problem...the reciever won't process signal from S-vid or RCA from the sat. reciever, and wont send it to the TV. I admit, i am a newb, so any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

I'm assuming from your post that your GE tv has s-video and standard rca jacks for L and R audio (white and red) and video (yellow). There should be an "input" or "tv/video" button on your tv remote that will allow you to access either the rca or s-vid input (to see whatever signal is coming in at that particular input). It takes me forever to find that dang button on my remote. If it's more complicated than that, then I can't offer much help.

rideit
05-24-2005, 12:52 PM
I have tried most buttons on the remote, I will give it a go again. What I would really like to do is control everything from the Sony reciever...Sat. TV out to reciever, DVD, Video, and just one clean out to the TV, with all audio handled by the reciever. I still can't get the Sony to accept S-vid or RCA in either...any other advice out there? Thanks a ton!

dean_martin
05-26-2005, 11:12 AM
I have tried most buttons on the remote, I will give it a go again. What I would really like to do is control everything from the Sony reciever...Sat. TV out to reciever, DVD, Video, and just one clean out to the TV, with all audio handled by the reciever. I still can't get the Sony to accept S-vid or RCA in either...any other advice out there? Thanks a ton!

I hate to see a new poster go without help. Try posting in the home theater forum.