I may have broken my apm... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I may have broken my apm...

Adamshar15
05-24-2005, 06:44 AM
I was putting in some new RCA cables in the back of my adcom last night. As I was turning it around I thought i saw a flash of light through one of the vents on the top. Now one of my channels dossn't work. What could have happened, how serious could this be. I didn't pay too much over $100, should I just buy a new one? Thank you.

dean_martin
05-24-2005, 09:15 AM
I was putting in some new RCA cables in the back of my adcom last night. As I was turning it around I thought i saw a flash of light through one of the vents on the top. Now one of my channels dossn't work. What could have happened, how serious could this be. I didn't pay too much over $100, should I just buy a new one? Thank you.

Open it up (while unplugged) and check the fuses. I had a similar experience with my Acurus amp - flash, one channel went out, opened it up and fuse was blown. Replacing the fuse didn't help - replacement blew too. I had to send it off. Can't remember what the problem was - sorry.

Maybe you just blew a fuse that can be replaced.

Adamshar15
05-27-2005, 07:20 AM
Thanks, I did just blow a fuse, I bought a "fast acting" fuse, they'll do the job won't they?

JoeE SP9
05-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks, I did just blow a fuse, I bought a "fast acting" fuse, they'll do the job won't they? Replace the old fuse with an exact duplicate. The value and type will be on the metal end caps.