Klipsch RW-8 + Klipsch SUB 12 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch RW-8 + Klipsch SUB 12

BJG718
05-23-2005, 04:56 PM
I have a Klipsch RW-8 that I have been quite pleased with in terms of music listening. However, it has not been enough for the movie watching. I have decided to buy another Klipsch subwoofer because of this. For whoever has experience with two subwoofers, what type of results should I expect from using two subwoofers (that are not the same) at the same time. Otherwise, should I just put the subs next to each other and switch the cable between the two? Or could I keep them both connected to the receiver at the same time using the Y connector? What setup would give me the best results?

PAT.P
05-23-2005, 07:01 PM
I have a Klipsch RW-8 that I have been quite pleased with in terms of music listening. However, it has not been enough for the movie watching. I have decided to buy another Klipsch subwoofer because of this. For whoever has experience with two subwoofers, what type of results should I expect from using two subwoofers (that are not the same) at the same time. Otherwise, should I just put the subs next to each other and switch the cable between the two? Or could I keep them both connected to the receiver at the same time using the Y connector? What setup would give me the best results?
I have two sub connected all the time using a Y connector .One sub is a !0" and the other is a 8" .One on the left the other on the right (two feet away from corner ) They sound great together and add bass evenly .Pat.P

BJG718
05-23-2005, 07:37 PM
I have two sub connected all the time using a Y connector .One sub is a !0" and the other is a 8" .One on the left the other on the right (two feet away from corner ) They sound great together and add bass evenly .Pat.P

I figured that one sub would sort of make up the holes left by the other one but I was not sure. Right now, I have the Y connector running to the 8" because apparently that is what is recommended (plus I seem to like it like that). But when I pick up the 12", would it still be possible have two inputs for each sub like I do now, and have them both hooked up to the receiver? Anything else that I should be informed about a set-up like this? Thanks for the replies!

PAT.P
05-23-2005, 08:21 PM
I figured that one sub would sort of make up the holes left by the other one but I was not sure. Right now, I have the Y connector running to the 8" because apparently that is what is recommended (plus I seem to like it like that). But when I pick up the 12", would it still be possible have two inputs for each sub like I do now, and have them both hooked up to the receiver? Anything else that I should be informed about a set-up like this? Thanks for the replies!
I use only one Y for my two sub ,look in your manual and will tell you the best way to connect them.Pat.P