Indie popsters - May 24 is the day [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Indie popsters - May 24 is the day

Jim Clark
05-23-2005, 02:00 PM
The Shout Out Louds finally hits the US on May 24. Check out the samples if the whole indie pop thing intrigues you in any way shape or form. From what I've read, seems to be making some inroads in the UK but brother Mike has the island surrounded in darkness on this one so the tales may be exagerated. They had been opening for M83 and I believe have already hit the US with The Dears. June 2 is already marked on my calendar.

http://www.shoutoutlouds.com/music.

More 80's revival, but exceptionally well done. Got to listen to this a couple of months ago and found it outstanding if you tend towards that kind of thing. Some similarity to bands like the Strokes, but hopefully not as quickly consummed and digested. I'm hoping for longevity along the lines of The Legends, which will last me a long time. If that kind of stuff annoys you then consider this the anti-RIYL.

That is all.

jc

Jim Clark
05-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I know...nobody is going to respond to make Geofcin feel better. Good plan and I'm onboard!

Just got my AMG newsletter and this baby actually made their list of new releases. To top it all off, they already have the review posted! I'm not gonna swipe the whole thing but here's a teaser for you: "Shout Out Louds' debut record Howl Howl Gaff Gaff is a blast of sparkling energy from start to finish and a contender for best out of the blue debut of the 2005."

Trust in jc