Hey Geoff the Mod [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Geoff the Mod

3-LockBox
05-23-2005, 09:15 AM
You still never divulged your music preferences. Since you're a gearhead, I assume your into jazz. A few years ago I made a theme comp (more like an essay) showing the jazz influence in rock-n-roll. It kinda got outta hand (4 volumes) and far fetched, whereas the term essay is concerned, but its got some 'great sounding' music on it.

As far as comps are concerned, most of the music I've purchased in the last few years stem from recs I've received here at RR. Also, a lot of purchases come from comps I've received as well. Since most people here have way faster computers than me, I'm sure you have a dozen or so comps enroute. But you can e-me if you think you'd be interested.

threelockboxtodd@yahoo.com

How on earth have you moderated this board without knowing what a comp is?

Which BTW, the term comp is prolly where the term clique may acually apply, since once upon a time there were so many comps being talked about, that some may have been intimidated to either, ask for a comp, or submit their own.

Geoffcin
05-23-2005, 02:34 PM
You still never divulged your music preferences. Since you're a gearhead, I assume your into jazz. A few years ago I made a theme comp (more like an essay) showing the jazz influence in rock-n-roll. It kinda got outta hand (4 volumes) and far fetched, whereas the term essay is concerned, but its got some 'great sounding' music on it.

As far as comps are concerned, most of the music I've purchased in the last few years stem from recs I've received here at RR. Also, a lot of purchases come from comps I've received as well. Since most people here have way faster computers than me, I'm sure you have a dozen or so comps enroute. But you can e-me if you think you'd be interested.

threelockboxtodd@yahoo.com

How on earth have you moderated this board without knowing what a comp is?

Which BTW, the term comp is prolly where the term clique may acually apply, since once upon a time there were so many comps being talked about, that some may have been intimidated to either, ask for a comp, or submit their own.

I actually came late to Jazz, but now I'm snapping it up. Most Jazz recordings I've heard are done much better than pop, or rock, and with good gear you can really hear a difference. I really like Fourplay, and more of the "easy listening" Jazz like George Benson. A friend turned me on to Miles Davis too. My main coverage in music is classic rock, but I've got a thing for female vocals, so I've got everything from Linda Rhodstadt to Sarah McLauglin. Throw in a smattering of Pop, Punk, Metal, and Electronica and you got pretty much my whole collection. Oh, I like show tunes, and soundtrack scores too. I'm a little disappointed that nobody recognized my moniker "Trekkie Monster" It's a character from a hit Broadway Musical that's playing now called "Avenue Q" One of the funniest shows you'll ever see!

ForeverAutumn
05-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Oh, I like show tunes, and soundtrack scores too. I'm a little disappointed that nobody recognized my moniker "Trekkie Monster" It's a character from a hit Broadway Musical that's playing now called "Avenue Q" One of the funniest shows you'll ever see!

I noticed it...I just thought that it meant you were a Star Trek fan.

If you're into Broadway musicals, go see Wicked. I saw it about a month ago in Toronto and it's one of the best musicals that I've seen in years. Great music, great story. I highly recommend it!