I'm a metal head but....... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm a metal head but.......

cam
05-21-2005, 07:28 PM
This is my very first post in this section so I thought I would share a song that I have never heard until the other day. I'm listening to the radio in my work truck and I hear this song that just made me stop and listen. The words were catchy and the melody was as well. Now before I mention the song and band let me tell you about what I usually listen to. Deep down I am a metal head. Sure I can listen to just about anything nowadays since my variety has widened in my older age. But the norm would be AC/DC, Judas Priest, Metallica, Motley Crue, Ozzy and so on. So I was very surprised when I heard this song and I thought, wow, what a fantastic tune. Enough blabbering, the band, Climax Blues Band, the song," I Love You". I ended up downloading it and for some reason I can just listen to it over and over. It goes against the grain of my normal taste in music, but it's a great tune.

Finch Platte
05-21-2005, 07:52 PM
This is my very first post in this section so I thought I would share a song that I have never heard until the other day. I'm listening to the radio in my work truck and I hear this song that just made me stop and listen. The words were catchy and the melody was as well. Now before I mention the song and band let me tell you about what I usually listen to. Deep down I am a metal head. Sure I can listen to just about anything nowadays since my variety has widened in my older age. But the norm would be AC/DC, Judas Priest, Metallica, Motley Crue, Ozzy and so on. So I was very surprised when I heard this song and I thought, wow, what a fantastic tune. Enough blabbering, the band, Climax Blues Band, the song," I Love You". I ended up downloading it and for some reason I can just listen to it over and over. It goes against the grain of my normal taste in music, but it's a great tune.

...but the words "work truck" render this post wayyyy off-topic.

fp

ForeverAutumn
05-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Welcome fellow Canadian! We need more Canucks around here. ;)

I've never heard of this band. What kind of song is it? By the title I would guess that it's a ballad. Yes? No?

P.S. Don't listen to Finch. The only thing that you need to know about him is that he likes to show pictures of his stool and talk about what he does in the bathtub. Enough said. :(

cam
05-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Welcome fellow Canadian! We need more Canucks around here. ;)

I've never heard of this band. What kind of song is it? By the title I would guess that it's a ballad. Yes? No?

P.S. Don't listen to Finch. The only thing that you need to know about him is that he likes to show pictures of his stool and talk about what he does in the bathtub. Enough said. :(
This song would make for a great wedding song. It's slow but it kinda grabs at your heart strings. I'm signing off now, I'm going to crank up some Hell's Bell's now.

Geoffcin
05-22-2005, 03:14 AM

fp

Why don't you give it a rest

Geoffcin
05-22-2005, 03:28 AM

My music collection goes from TOOL to Tchaikovsky, Soundgarden to Sarah McLauglin. There's no shame in being a "Metal Head" and likeing all other music too. Well, maybe not Barry Manilow....[JK Manilowers!] :)

kexodusc
05-22-2005, 03:57 AM
Hey Cam, do you know much about these guys? Are they a blues/rock band or do they just have a misleading name?

shokhead
05-22-2005, 06:01 AM

fp

Give it up,its way old already.

cam
05-22-2005, 07:39 AM
Hey Cam, do you know much about these guys? Are they a blues/rock band or do they just have a misleading name?
I had never heard of these guys before, nor have I heard of any of their other songs that I know of. I have 2 older sisters and they have never heard of them. I do believe they are a 70's band though.

shokhead
05-22-2005, 07:42 AM
That sounds about right,70's something. Type them in google and you'll have more info then you'll need.

Jim Clark
05-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Give it up,its way old already.

I thought it was funny as L.

just sayin'.

jc

Swish
05-23-2005, 06:58 AM

The band's name is a misnomer, as they were not really a blues band. I would classify them as power pop if anything. I still have some of their stuff on cassette, believe it or not, and one of my buds prolly has more than a few up their LPs. I Love You may have been their biggest hit (and oooooooh, I Love You), along wih another one, although the name escapes me (I kept on looking for a way to make it thru the nite, but I couldn't get it right, I couldn't get right...). Was is "Couldn't Get it Right"? It was just ok. The songs I remember that I really liked were Using the Power and I Am Constant, both great tunes and fondly remembered.

Swish

Duds
05-23-2005, 09:24 AM
nuff said

My music collection goes from TOOL to Tchaikovsky, Soundgarden to Sarah McLauglin. There's no shame in being a "Metal Head" and likeing all other music too. Well, maybe not Barry Manilow....[JK Manilowers!] :)