I'm boycotting this place. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm boycotting this place.

Finch Platte
05-21-2005, 05:10 AM
It's been a bit slow in here, and part of the reason, I think is because the focus is so narrow. On topic stuff only!! Borrring.

So FA's question gets moved to the car section (??), where, no doubt it's a question that's been asked 8,084,273 times, whereas in here, it's a bit of fresh air.

That's lame. So, I'm avoiding this place for one day, starting tomorrow. Please feel free to post about Dire Straits, AC/DC and the Rolling Stones, ad nauseum. ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

fp

P.S. No doubt this will get moved to the Rant page. :rolleyes:

kexodusc
05-21-2005, 05:28 AM
Yeah, moderators have power trips here...they fail to realize that these forums are also convenient gathering places for friends who generally talk about issues in the relevant forum to also communicate about other issues (ie: Off-topic stuff).
God forbid a website have a few off-topic threads that nobody is forced to manually click on and read.
Oh the horror.

shokhead
05-21-2005, 05:31 AM
It's been a bit slow in here, and part of the reason, I think is because the focus is so narrow. On topic stuff only!! Borrring.

So FA's question gets moved to the car section (??), where, no doubt it's a question that's been asked 8,084,273 times, whereas in here, it's a bit of fresh air.

That's lame. So, I'm avoiding this place for one day, starting tomorrow. Please feel free to post about Dire Straits, AC/DC and the Rolling Stones, ad nauseum. ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

fp

Not a perfect world as is forums so,have a nice day.

newtrix1
05-21-2005, 05:35 AM
So, I'm avoiding this place for one day, starting tomorrow. Please feel free to post about Dire Straits, AC/DC and the Rolling Stones, ad nauseum. ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

fp

Instead of boycotting, just cancel your order for those speakers in the pop-up ad. That's what I did. Initially I didn't have any interest in those speakers, but for some reason seeing them pop up so darn often just made me want to go and purchase a set. Just yesterday I placed a $10,000 order with....uh...what's the companies name again?...I guess I need to see the pop-up ad just one more time.
Anyhow, due to over moderation here at RR, I'm cancelling my order! Are you listening pop-up ad advertiser?

NP: Dire Straits, AC/DC and the Rolling Stones (all at the same time!) :D

Finch Platte
05-21-2005, 06:03 AM
Not a perfect world as is forums so,have a nice day.

Uh, what?? :confused: I understood the "have a nice day" part, but...

fp

N. Abstentia
05-21-2005, 06:20 AM
I don't buy from any company that supports SPAM in the first place (aka popup ads) so I don't have to worry about cancelling any order..it will NEVER exist in the first place :)

Dusty Chalk
05-21-2005, 08:52 AM
On the other hand, they banned YECH, so they aren't all bad.