Killed By Sinatra [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Killed By Sinatra

mwheelerk
05-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Today I bought a cd for the first time ever just to resell and maybe make some money. I found an excellent condition used copy of Frank Sinatra Duets on DCC Classic Gold Disc. For $9.00 how wrong could I go. Pretty wrong indeed! First the music is awful. Secondly when I went to post it on eBay it wasn't exactly the "collector's" item I thought. Looks like this title can be had for a "dime a dozen".

That's the last time I try and be smart.

ForeverAutumn
05-21-2005, 04:13 AM
Today I bought a cd for the first time ever just to resell and maybe make some money. I found an excellent condition used copy of Frank Sinatra Duets on DCC Classic Gold Disc. For $9.00 how wrong could I go. Pretty wrong indeed! First the music is awful. Secondly when I went to post it on eBay it wasn't exactly the "collector's" item I thought. Looks like this title can be had for a "dime a dozen".

Research. ;)

Finch Platte
05-21-2005, 04:21 AM

Please move this to the eBay forum!!!!!!!! Hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fp

Geoffcin
05-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Please move this to the eBay forum!!!!!!!! Hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fp

Your thread is back in R-R. Enjoy

shokhead
05-22-2005, 05:55 AM

Want a very good FS,get the Sinatra Reprise,the very good years. Excellent recording and great msic.

Jim Clark
05-22-2005, 06:24 AM
Yeah, those DCC Gold and Mofi discs are not all created equal. Pink Floyd = Goldmine, I guess the Chairman is something less. Those of us who spend too much time in the used stores can get a little feel for the more valued titles. I've seen some Queen titles dumped in droves. Maybe someday you'll stumble across a fanatic and it will find a home.

jc

mwheelerk
05-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Yeah, those DCC Gold and Mofi discs are not all created equal. Pink Floyd = Goldmine, I guess the Chairman is something less. Those of us who spend too much time in the used stores can get a little feel for the more valued titles. I've seen some Queen titles dumped in droves. Maybe someday you'll stumble across a fanatic and it will find a home.

jc

Hey this thing found a home already. Traded right back in at another shop. I got $8 of the $9 I spent back and feel darn lucky.

Now if I could only get myself a copy of U2 Joshua Tree on MFSL and Jackson Browne's Late For The Sky and The Pretender on DCC Classic Gold (for under $50 no less) I would be a happy (and lucky) boy.

paper warrior
05-23-2005, 05:49 AM
I'd like to be smart and do my research too. So does the Reprise have the version of New York New York without the violins? Or is there a stripped down version without the fricken strings?